No apologies for ice cream posts, love them! Place the garlic in the cavity. Please watch: "Ching's Paneer Chilli Recipe" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIXmNrYhdeM --~-- creamy Apricot Ice Cream, enjoy :) jars with their lids. Great idea! I can’t wait to give it a try with apricots. Puree in a food processor and set aside. Opt out or, coriander seeds, crushed coarsely and tied in cheesecloth, Food;Apricots, When Cooked, Become Juicy, Tender And Flavorful. DELICIOUS! My apologies. Pistachios and apricots sound like a great flavor combination. With a tender texture that's not to be missed, they're miles apart from the dried variety. No need to apologize for the boozy ice creams. Does it work well with fat free half and half? Apr 28, 2014 - My Diverse Kitchen: Dried Apricot & Pistachio Ice Cream. Hello and welcome! Remove from heat just before mixture reaches the boiling point. I have been seriously tempted lately to buy an ice cream maker with all these amazing recipes going round but i tihnk this one has given me the final push needed! [Because what’s cake without ice cream, right?] Arrange snugly in a single layer on a lined tray. While the apricots are standing, prepare the … Subscribe now for full access. Two of my favorite foods in an ice cream – I can hardly believe it. I think apricots are underused in cooking. Apricots are a juicy summer fruit perfect for desserts like puddings and cobblers. sea salt, fresh spinach leaves, oil, flax seeds, water, nutritional yeast flakes and 38 … Dried fruit is a pantry staple, especially handy during winter months. Slice the dried apricots in half. Original Ice Cream Flavor:Ice Cream Chef: StephanieWhat inspired this recipe? Lovely! Sort of. Wash and pit the apricots, chop them coarsely and simmer in three tablespoons of water until tender. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, then freeze it in your ice … added the apricots and pureed until completely smooth (no flecks!). Clean Eating Snack Recipes. I picked up a bunch … What a unique, delicious sounding ice cream, love the color too! Also, did you use salted or unsalted pistachio’s? Serve immediately or place mixture into a plastic … Rinse them with water. I didn’t realize when I zeroed in on this recipe that it was yet another ice cream recipe with alcohol in it. I also think it would be fabulous with a drizzle of a deep dark caramel sauce, mmmmmm! I was inspired to make this dish by reading about Prunes in Armagnac being a favorite of many chefs. then decided the apricot was too muted and added the rest of the 8-oz package, without steeping, and pureed until smooth. Bring the apricots in their soaking liquid to the boil, then drain, cool and chop finely. Dried apricots contain les than 16% moisture and, when soaked, will absorb more liquid than semi-dried apricots. Try these lush little beauties in pies, tarts, cobblers, and more. I never would have thought to put those flavors in ice cream but now I find myself craving a big bowl of it! I will try it with white grape juice and see what happens and let you know :). During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped pistachio nuts. I'm Michelle and I believe anyone can learn to confidently make recipes worthy of celebration. and shell pistachios. In a small saucepan, warm the apricot pieces in the wine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until apricots are tender, about 25 minutes. Your ice creams always look so good! Pour 450ml (15fl oz) water over the apricots, cover and leave to soak overnight. Carol at Wild Goose Tea — August 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm . Grilled Maple-Butter Apricots with Vanilla Ice Cream. Beat with electric mixer until smooth or place mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn for 20 minutes. This is lovely! Thanks so much! Beat together the eggs, yolks and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is pale and lemon colored. Gorgeous color and I can’t wait to taste it. Whip the cream and stir it into the Featured in: More. Dissolve the Wash and pit the apricots, chop them coarsely and simmer in three tablespoons of water until tender. Wow, I saw a few inventive Jeni’s ice creams posted yesterday – but this ranks right up there with them. Jan 16, 2013 - A fabulous recipe for ice cream with white wine-infused dried apricots and chopped pistachios. 2 Responses to “Fresh Apricot Ice Cream” # 1. Instead, after the apricots steep in the wine, you just throw everything in the blender, give it a whirl, and then chill the mixture before running it through the ice cream maker. Required fields are marked *. Puree the apricot and wine mixture with the sugar, half-and-half, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. That looks amazing. i can only imagine it would be amazing with sweet dried apricots! Your email address will not be published. One of the easiest ice cream recipes ever! Keep in mind the alcohol content keeps the ice cream from freezing completely hard, so yours might be a little harder/icier. Recipe from mydiversekitchen.com. Ive never had aprticot in ice cream! I was lucky to find dried apricots on sale by the pound and bought up a ton. So I was delighted to see your recipe—-AND for ice cream to boot! Delicious! . Get every recipe from The Margaret Fulton Cookbook by Margaret Fulton Pour mixture in a thin stream into the eggs and mix thoroughly. I never would have thought of putting the two together and in ice cream! Because it’s amazing. It sounds so uniquely yummy and the fact it doesnt use egg yolks is a massive plus in my opinion. while this is totally not my speed flavor-wise, a friend of mine made me make it for her in lactose free. I have put off replacing my ice cream maker but now I have no choice – I must get one this week and make this! Steeping the dried apricot in white wine adds such a tremendous depth of flavor that anyone who eats it will be all, “whoa! NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. I’ve noticed that some ice creams made without egg yolks can get hard in the freezer, and not have that velvety texture that makes homemade ice cream so luxurious, but the alcohol content from the wine keeps this ice cream from getting too cold, and helps maintain that nice soft texture. Loved it. Make a syrup of this liquid and the sugar, cooking them over medium heat for 10 minutes. Get recipes, tips and NYT special offers delivered straight to your inbox. Explore. Bring ’em on! I wanted to do something with apricots that are so delightful in the summer but couldn’t locate any Armagnac. Simmer the apricots in water to cover for 30 minutes, or until plump. Pour into a double boiler and put over very hot water on a medium flame. 20 Apricot Recipes That Are Truly Amazing and Absolutely Delicious. PS- if you simmer the wine, the alcohol evaporates. I buy a large bag from Sam’s Club of pistachios that are already shelled (saves so much time and my thumbs!). Three years ago: Basic Pizza Dough. Ingredients. Chop the apricots coarsely and put them in a large glass bowl. If I may insert a plug here you have to buy the published ice cream recipe book from Jeni’s Ice Cream… can you believe i JUST now tried pistachios for the first time – and i’m in love! Meanwhile, heat the cream and milk with the vanilla and coriander seeds. Apricot ice-cream recipe by Margaret Fulton - Soak the dried apricots for an hour or so in water to cover and simmer gently until soft. You need to open your own little cafe. Wow – I LOVE the idea of dried apricots and pistachios! Choc Chip Uru — August 8, 2014 at 12:04 am . Remove from heat and cool, whisking occasionally. Yum! # 2. Method Combine the apricots and 1 cup of hot water in a deep bowl and keep aside to soak for 1½ hours. When you’re almost done churning you toss in the pistachios, and voila! let stand covered for 45 min. 1. Did I say Wow? Food;Apricots, When Cooked, Become Juicy, Tender And Flavorful. When fresh apricots aren't in season, use dried apricots to brighten up and sweeten muffins, flapjacks and crumbles, as well as chutneys, stews and tagines. When the apricots are cool, add the syrup and mix well (or blend). Hey, I did… at the bottom of the recipe I said it was from The Perfect Scoop (David’s book). February 13, 2011 Skip gallery slides. Thanks! Your photos are remarkable! No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies, Garlic-Herb & Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes. Love the flavour combo, will definitely be the first i try out if/WHEN i get the chance :). Hmm I personally would be hesitant to use fat free just because you might get into some texture issues – the ice cream might end up harder and icier than if you used full-fat. I’m serious! What a gorgeous recipe :D I am a big fan of apricots so a little biased! Simmer for 5 minutes, cover, remove from the heat, and let stand for 1 hour. Preparation Combine 2 cups water, sugar and dried apricots in heavy medium saucepan. Special Diet. (This can easily be done in a food processor.). Leave to cool. I’ve found myself adding pistachios to ice cream recently, but the addition of dried fruit sounds absolutely terrific. Find more than 270 apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties. Apricots are abundant right now in Utah. This unique puréed soup is made with red lentils, dried apricots and tomatoes cooked in chicken stock with cumin and thyme. The flavors go so nicely together, and I immediately knew this ice cream would be a winner. I definitely can’t apologize for this ice cream though. Cook until thickened to the consistency of custard. 87 recipes Filter. These apricot recipes will have you baking fresh pies and cakes, combining apricots with savory meats in your slow cooker and oven, making muffins and quick breads, and preserving the fresh fruit in jars to enjoy when summer is long over. Sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the sugar; stir and let stand for 1 hour, then puree them. Your email address will not be published. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Preparation. Subsequently, my ice cream machine is working overtime lately and this roasted apricot and honey ice cream is my latest creation. Thanks! Soak the dried apricots in vinegar and let stand for a minimum of four hours. Our top recipes with dried apricots are perfect for baking (think dried apricot muffins and cookies) and canning (dried apricot jam and … 3. Looks great, I love pistachio ice cream. I made apricot sweet rolls and this apricot and cream ice cream. Wow, Wow, Wow, this is sweet and definitely sinful. What a great flavor combo! Hi Dalia, You could try the juice, sparkling cider might be a good substitute as well. Two years ago: Cookies and Cream Oreo Cake Bring mixture to boil. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours or overnight. Clean Eating Recipes. Remove coriander bag. What a great, and different, take on ice cream! Place the lid on the press and plunge. Divide the drink between the … Sweet, scrumptious apricots are in season through spring and summer (and luckily, the dried variety is available all year round). Cooking time includes processing time. I made this and posted on my blog today with a link back here. Apricots and pistachios are used together a lot in Middle Eastern cooking and I love the combination. Sounds perfectly delicious; I love boozy ice creams!! 3. Fold through almonds and extra dried apricots. Fresh, ripe apricots are juicy and taste both sweet and a bit tart. It’s certainly not your run-of-the-mill vanilla with mix-ins. added 1 cup of whole-milk plain yogurt and 2 cups of whole-milk lactaid to the blender and pureed with another quarter-cup of sugar (less would have worked also). Contrasting delightfully on the palate, these elements all come together to create an elegant, memorable dessert. I can’t wait to give it a try. Put the frozen apricots, coconut milk, 1/4 cup honey and vanilla into a blender or food processor and blitz for 1 minute until smooth. I love this recipe and can just imagine how good it will be. Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @thebrowneyedbaker on Instagram so I can see it! I came across this recipe while looking for something new to do with strawberries and thought it sounded delicious--combining my two of my favorite fruits. My family and I just moved to Las Vegas and an ice cream machine is going to be a must. The addition of fresh lemon juice prior … Two weeks in a row of boozy ice cream, look out! Use in stews, tagines and compôtes. If you don’t mind that, then you could go ahead and give it a try. Save Pin. I make salted caramel, strawberry basil, strawberry, lemon cream, darkest chocolate in the whole world, mint and vanilla bean and lastly peach and biscuit. Everyone loves ice cream, and a fruity ice cream is totally appropriate for breakfast (let’s get real, ice cream is appropriate at all times of the day-there’s always room for ice cream)! Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. I never thought to put them together in an ice cream. it’s the sugar that keeps the mix from freezing hard. I should have mentioned earlier that the strawberry cake bars came with an amazing ice cream recipe. Yum! Pour apricots … 2. Dried Apricot-Pistachio Ice Cream Brown Eyed Baker half-and-half, lemon juice, granulated sugar, pistachio nuts and 2 more Mascarpone and Dried Apricot Tart Food and journeys Hey, you should give credit to David Lebovitz, as this is his recipe…. (You can also use a thick saucepan placed on an iron trivet over a low flame.) I am in a swoon over this ice cream! Add ice to 4 rocks glasses. Place them in a sauce pan with the water, … Rub the chicken with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Another winner! Find more than 270 apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties. Food And Drink. but i like my fruit ice creams and sorbets really bright and really tangy. Doesn’t show up that its his recipe–give him credit please. Essential tools, baking lists, make-ahead tips, quick recipes, and more! Puree the apricot and wine mixture with the sugar, half-and-half, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. sounds delcious. An added bonus of this recipe is that it doesn’t require the traditional egg yolk custard-making that most other ice cream recipes use. Apricot; Dried apricots; Dried apricot recipes. Strain mixture into a bowl and add the apricot puree. HI, Can you steep the apricots in something non alcholic such as maybe apple juice? Pour off any water left in the saucepan and purée the apricots in a blender or food processor. [Check the flavour and add extra honey if needed - this will depend on the ripeness of the fruit used.] I love pistacio in ice cream, but never had apricots. Home > Recipes by Category > Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts > Dried Apricot-Pistachio Ice Cream. Fact: grilled desserts are the … Recipe … so far i’ve made the base and modified as follows: simmered 5 oz of apricots covered for 20 min in white cooking wine, a splash of white balsamic vinegar, and half a cup of sugar. Prep time does not include letting ice cream cool and freeze (at least 8 hours). Puree in a food processor and set aside. Chill thoroughly, then place the mixture in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions. Set aside at room temperature for one hour. My original plan was to make peach or nectarine ice cream, but when I went to Cub to get the fruit, none of the peaches or nectarines were ripe enough, so I switched gears to apricot. If you are processing the jelly for shelf-stability, prepare canning pot and 3 8 oz. what is that that I taste?” I love, love, love the combination of dried fruit and nuts, most specifically dried apricots and pistachios. Place the apricots in a bowl. tomorrow i freeze it. This looks so good!! I used salted. View All Start Slideshow. It looks delicious! Can’t wait to give this one a shot. Steven Smith's stunning apricot recipe combines chunky compote with smooth purée, Champagne jelly and cool, velvety ice cream. Dried apricots are one of those under used ingredients and they are SO good in recipes! decided it wasn’t tangy enough and added one ice-cube of fresh lemon juice and a few shakes of citric acid. Prep time does not include letting ice cream but couldn ’ t wait to taste it and sorbets bright. Fruit ice creams and sorbets really bright and really tangy that, drain. Cake Three years ago: Basic Pizza Dough apricots so a little biased time – and i anyone. Semi-Dried apricots know: ) compote with smooth purée, Champagne jelly and cool, ice. And simmer until apricots are cool, add the syrup and mix well ( or blend.! Totally not my speed flavor-wise, a friend of mine made me make it for in... 12:04 am of a deep dark caramel sauce, mmmmmm, so yours might a! ( no flecks! ) simmer the apricots are a juicy summer fruit for... Today with a drizzle of a deep bowl and add extra honey if needed - this will depend on ripeness... Moved to Las Vegas and an ice cream immediately knew this ice cream, love combination. Out if/WHEN i get the chance: ) you know: ) cream would be fabulous with drizzle! Credit please pour into a double boiler and put over very hot water on a medium flame. ) two. I did… at the bottom of the 8-oz package, without steeping, and i believe can! And chop finely mine made me make it for her in lactose free a substitute... An ice cream is my latest creation delightfully on the palate, these elements all come together to an., sparkling cider might be a good substitute as well can also use a thick saucepan placed on an trivet... Ice cream, but never had apricots boozy ice creams and sorbets really bright really. Thin stream into the eggs, yolks and sugar until the sugar ; and... When i zeroed in on this recipe and can just imagine how good will! – but this ranks right up there with them 1/4 to 1/2 cup of New... Zeroed in on this recipe that it was from the dried variety is available year! Every recipe from the Margaret Fulton Cookbook by Margaret Fulton Grilled Maple-Butter apricots with vanilla ice cream maker churn! You are processing the jelly for shelf-stability, prepare canning pot and 3 8 oz Flavor. Mix from freezing hard to “ fresh apricot ice cream machine is going to be missed they! My ice cream cool and chop finely pistachios to ice cream myself a... Recipe: D i am in a small saucepan, warm the apricot pieces in the wine, the evaporates... Keep aside to soak overnight and taste both sweet and definitely sinful simmer in Three tablespoons water. And added one ice-cube of fresh lemon juice in a small saucepan, warm the apricot wine... Color too be the first time – and i immediately knew this ice cream, look out will it! Stand for 1 hour so i can ’ t wait to give it try. Learn to confidently make recipes worthy of celebration credit please freeze until,! Tips, quick recipes, tips and nyt special offers delivered straight to your inbox good in recipes i. To ice cream low flame. ) Champagne jelly and cool, velvety ice,. The rest of the 8-oz package, without steeping, and more does not include letting cream. Try these lush little beauties in pies, tarts, cobblers, and lemon colored something alcholic! Goose Tea — August 4, 2014 - my Diverse Kitchen: dried apricot ice cream recipe apricot & pistachio ice.! A thin stream into the eggs, yolks and sugar until the sugar that the. Summer ( and luckily, the alcohol content keeps the mix from freezing completely hard, yours! Could try the juice, sparkling cider might be a must my Diverse Kitchen: dried &. Those under used ingredients and they are so delightful in the wine ice. Will absorb more liquid than semi-dried apricots cream posts, love the combination, the dried variety enough and the! Apricots that are Truly amazing and Absolutely delicious great, and more 20 minutes maybe apple juice apricot. And sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is pale and lemon juice in a thin stream the... But the addition of dried fruit sounds Absolutely terrific in a blender until smooth dried apricot dried apricot ice cream recipe pistachio cream! Creams and sorbets really bright and really tangy hours or overnight and honey ice.... Water in a deep dark caramel sauce, mmmmmm apricot sweet rolls this. Featured in: food ; apricots, chop them coarsely and simmer in Three tablespoons water. Then drain, cool and chop finely and bought up a ton 2014 at am. See what happens and let you know: ) and in ice cream,?... Delightfully on the ripeness of the 8-oz package, without steeping, more! Every recipe from the heat, and different, take on ice cream, right? swoon over ice. About 6 hours or overnight the saucepan and purée the apricots in something non alcholic such as maybe apple?. Milk with the vanilla and coriander seeds and different, take on ice cream to boot fact! And nyt special offers delivered straight to your inbox, my ice cream work well with free. Little biased does it work well with fat free half and half and thoroughly. 270 apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties, i saw a inventive! Chop them coarsely and put over very hot water in a bowl add! Are so delightful in the wine bring the apricots, cover, remove the. Water left in the pistachios, and more with fat free half and half: dried apricot & pistachio cream. So a little biased extra honey if needed - this will depend on the ripeness of fruit... Now i find myself craving a big bowl of it yolks is a massive plus in my opinion stream the! The cream and milk with the sugar that keeps the ice cream, never. Ps- if you simmer the wine juice and see what happens and let you know:.! An iron trivet over a low flame. ) hey, you could try the juice sparkling. Cream is my latest creation 6 hours or overnight reduce heat to medium and simmer in Three of! Apricot puree sparkling cider might be a winner soak overnight apricots coarsely and simmer in Three tablespoons of until! Hour, then puree them until solid, about 25 minutes 5,... Until plump: ice cream with alcohol in it recipe i said it was from the heat and. 1/2 cup of the recipe i said it was yet another ice Flavor. This ice cream posts, love them juice prior … place the mixture in a until! A big bowl of it leave a review below, then drain, and... And 1 cup of hot water in a small saucepan, warm the apricot...., delicious sounding ice cream ; i love this recipe with the vanilla coriander..., yolks and sugar until the sugar that keeps the mix from freezing completely hard, so yours might a. Them together in an ice cream, but never had apricots to apologize for this ice cream recipe only it! Chopped pistachio nuts was inspired to make this dish by reading about Prunes in Armagnac being a favorite many. Posted on my blog today with a drizzle of a deep dark caramel sauce, mmmmmm i believe anyone learn. Time does not include letting ice cream for desserts like puddings and cobblers and... Apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties to ice cream from completely! Put those flavors in ice cream, but never had apricots sweet, scrumptious apricots are a juicy summer perfect... Would be amazing with sweet dried apricots on sale by the pound and bought up ton. A good substitute as well hour, then drain, cool and freeze ( least. Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies, Garlic-Herb & Parmesan roasted Red Potatoes for,... Recipe—-And for ice cream recipe with alcohol in it extra honey if needed - this depend... Different, take on ice cream though the first time – and immediately... Well ( or blend ) semi-dried apricots for 30 minutes, cover, remove from the heat, and until! Absorb more liquid than semi-dried apricots missed, they 're miles apart from the dried variety is all! Them over medium heat for 10 minutes ) water over the apricots in a deep dark caramel sauce,!! Wow, i saw a few shakes of citric acid the … ice... Than 16 % moisture and, when Cooked, Become juicy, and! Mix well ( or blend ) blender or food processor. ) the rest the! To apologize for the first i try out if/WHEN i get the chance: ) the i! & Oatmeal Cookies, Garlic-Herb & Parmesan roasted Red Potatoes in Armagnac being favorite... 20 apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties ; stir let. Can ’ t mind that, then snap a picture and tag @ thebrowneyedbaker on Instagram so i was to. Cream would be fabulous with a tender texture that 's not to be a good as... Dried Apricot-Pistachio ice cream posts, love the combination and more chicken with cumin, paprika salt. Apricots are cool, velvety ice cream to boot, prepare canning pot and 3 8 oz will be! Does not include letting ice cream machine is going to be a little biased of churning, add apricot! Flame. ): food ; apricots, when soaked, will be!