This will allow you to get better coverage and get the cream into the nooks and crannies of the stencil. The Basic Glass Etching instructions : Getting To Know the Glass Etching Kit. Use old paintbrush or wooden stick to apply etching cream so that the entire area of weeded out stencil is covered. MY CONTACT TEXTS ONLY PLEASE: 916 342-9033, thanks again and God bless you all Thoroughly dry the glass to reveal the design. After 3 minutes, go over the etched areas with your brush. Stay within taped area. The only suitable choice for coloring glass you plan to etch is a permanent marker. Glass etching is the removal of minute amounts of glass from the surface of a glass object in order to create a rough surface that is slightly translucent resembling frosted glass. Hold the glasses facing away from you, with one hand holding onto the frames. THESE TRYING TIMES, PLEASE STAY HEALTHY AND HAVE A VERY BLESSED EVERYDAY!! You can use … Some of the stencil will be removed during this rinse, but it is OK. After all traces of the etching cream are washed away, remove all the remaining tape and stencil pieces. Armour Etch is a caustic cream that is great for creating stenciled designs in glass surfaces and mirrors. Don’t forget to watch the video for a more in-depth look at this process! Armour Etch Glass Etching Supplies to create personal and professional glass etchings in 3 easy steps. After scouring the web for all of the best tips and tricks to get great results, I finally had a go at glass etching and guess what? Armour Etch is a great product when making personalized beer glasses, wine glasses, mirrors, and even tiles for friends and family! ! Silhouette Apply the Armour Etch with a paintbrush. Rinse the etch cream off under running water. Avoid cleaner solutions that advertise Finger print resistant, as these cleaners leave a film on the glass that hinders the etching … Is there any way to get that off? There is also some misguided information about coloring an etching. If it doesn't work, and you really need it to be etched, you could try other chemicals which act as acrylic solvents. At least one of the really old models can’t be repaired due to lack of parts, but the majority still seem fine to fix. The cream should be patted on with a paintbrush. Can I use etching cream on plastic? Loved this project Kim. Have you gone to the Cricut website & their troubleshooting page? This helps when you go to remove the cream. I use vinyl wall stickers to use as my stencil...I fine the adhesive works great and have not seen any issues with my edges....however have not seen much of a difference in the etch quality by … By applying a cream such as Armour Etch to a stencil, you can customize your own drinking glasses and baking dishes and make professional-looking gifts for others. The directions will advise you to leave the cream in place for 1 minute,  In my experience, I’ve found that’s not quite long enough to get great results. Fill a container with hot water and drop in a denture tablet. I now have a film on them. You can see in the video how large the stencil was. When the foaming action begins, you can submerge the item you want to remove the glass etching from. With chemical etch , you are pretty much limited to glass, and even then, it's difficult, if not impossible to create anything decent on tempered glass. With etched glass, you don’t have to worry about your decal peeling off or it needing special care. Disclosure:This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. Once the whole area is covered, then it’s time to “brush” back and forth. Clean the glass using window cleaner and dry completely. Instead, leave the cream on for about 5-10 minutes. To cut a stencil with your Cricut machine, you’ll need to put it … Thanks for your comments. With chemical etch , you are pretty much limited to glass, and even then, it's difficult, if not impossible to create anything decent on tempered glass. To etch both of these projects, I used an acid etching cream called Armour Etch. Can you use Armor Etch on plastic? Your email address will not be published. Thanks for coming to our YouTube channel! I think these etched wine glasses are really classy. First off you want to make sure you are using an item that is compatible with this etching cream. Armour-Etch works fast, so here we go: Using the brush, apply the etching cream to the area you want to etch. Learn How to Easily Etch Glass using Armour Etching Cream and a Cricut Vinyl Stencil. Now you have your finished etched glass! Is that not actually necessary? I have used this product with various methods and I will show you step by step how to use Armour Etch to get the best results! REV.Kymm Blair. Fun Stuff I've used the Paasche air eraser for many years, and with most people using chemicals, I've turned it into a bit of a small business. Armour Etch cream is available at most craft stores or on Amazon for about $20 in a standalone bott… “Armour Etch is a fast-acting specially formulated glass etching compound that lets you create permanently etched designs on windows, mirrors and household glassware.”. Hold the glasses facing away from you, with one hand holding onto the frames. Stencil vinyl is INTENSE.) Cotton Swabs (so you don’t etch your fingers.. and I don’t want to ruin a paintbrush) Pick these up at Dollar Tree while you are there! Posted by The large area of vinyl will protect the glass from the etching cream. Again wear gloves for this step. If you liked this Silhouette/Cricut project, you may like these: Layering HTV from Front To Back with Registration Marks: Post Comments Immediately wash off all the etching cream under luke warm water. By cybergrannie [32 Posts, 7,836 Comments] February 28, 2020 0 found this helpful. 39 Related Question Answers Found Can plexiglass be etched? Can we add color to the cream? Armour Products - Armour Etch Glass Etching Supplies How to Use Armour Etch page. You can see in the video how large the stencil was. When you apply Armour Etch to the glasses, yes it removes the protective layer, which gives you the ILLUSION of removing the scratches from your glasses. Pro Tip – Keep in mind that leaving the etching cream on for too long can weaken the stencil causing a blurry image instead of crips, clean lines. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience. I used to go to local craft store and rent time to use theirs, loved it and without braging got pretty good at it, so i was HUGELY DISAPPOINTED IN trying to use this one but no go who can fix these or do i need to buy another, and simply toss this one out? I have tried the rub and buff paint without success. Any oil or dirt will repel the etching cream and leave you with streaks. Video The cream should be patted onto the stencil. Thick enough so that you cannot see the design of the stencil through the Armour Etch Cream. now that the etching is done time to make the plexi glass look as good as possible to do this you will need WARM not hot water, rubbing alcohol, windex, dish soap, and simple green (not needed but this stuff is awesome!!) ( Doing so will leave a smooth surface rather than streaks. Add your voice! Click below to answer. Avoid brushing the cream on as this can cause brushstrokes in your finished product. Tape an image onto the surface of the contact paper. Answers. You also want to brush in all four directions to help ensure that you have pushed the etching cream into all areas. Brush the etching cream around for three full minutes. So wen the etch has sat for 5 min or so, i just run under faucet to rinse cream off? Very crafty I’ve never used glass etch cream, speaking of cricket for templates i bought a cricket on black friday YEARS AGO, and then we moved [hubby’s job ugh.) Removing etching cream & stencil. It does sound like the "film" is where the AE was, that is now etched. Glass Etching Supplies: Dollar Tree Glass Steins (although their Glass Mugs, Pub Glasses, or Pilsner Glasses would also look awesome etched as well!) There seems to be some debate on whether or not this will work on Pyrex. Pro Tip – In this tutorial, I’m using a stencil that I cut from permanent vinyl. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes (I left it for 10 minutes here). If you know how to etch glass, you could create beautiful designs on cups, glasses or other glass surfaces. friends ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom! I was going to do a project years ago and forgot about it, we moved i unpacke a bottle of tbe etch cream, opened to see if it dried out and it looks justlike a grey cream, it has a thick texture, can i dilute it w water? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Advertisement. Make sure you glass is CLEAN! My product’s name us DEVOUR ETCH FA. Armor Etch is a cream normally used for glass etching, but it's also a truly handy repair tool for badly scratched glasses that have a UV or anti-glare coating. Click below to answer. Apply the remaining two layers of the cut stencil to your glass in the desired position. Thanks for ANY INFO. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. The Etch … If that is the case, there is no removing it. A: Rub'N'Etch stencils: These stencils are highly detailed, one time use stencils that are rubbed down and ONLY used with Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream Over'N'Over stencils: The latest edition to our stencil family. Avoid brushing the cream on as this can cause brushstrokes in your finished product. IM GIVING OUT A NUMBER THAT ONLY ACCEPTS TEXTS so please can i get how to repaired message, i would REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT, AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL I. The etching cream and vinyl will last more than four glasses so as you create more custom gifts, it’ll cost less per item! To etch glass, you’ll have to find or draw a design that you want to transfer. Create your own custom glass etching stencil or use a pre made stencil like Over N Over, Rub N Etch or Peel N Etch. Apply a couple of drops of Pinata Tint to the sponge and blend a little. However, this method is useful only for glasses which have light etching. Rinse the eyeglasses thoroughly using lukewarm water. Can you clarify for me, please? Armour Etch is a great product when making personalized beer glasses, wine glasses, mirrors, and even tiles for friends and family! You can also use pre-made stencils. Armour etch recommends leaving cream on for only 60 seconds to keep stencil lines sharp. This is such a fun way to personalize a gift or add some flair to your glassware! For the best results, use a paintbrush instead of a foam brush. **Stencil Vinyl (you can use regular vinyl, but it isn’t nearly as sticky. Apply the cream evenly and constantly ‘swirl’ it around with the swab. 10:36 PM Pour a gumdrop-sized dollop of Armour Etch on each lens, then rub it in circles with your fingers. You should also shake or stir your Armour Etch etching cream before you use it. We also have a blog: www.RunningWithSisters.com. Cut carefully with the craft knife. Answer . Apply the Armour Etch with a paintbrush. Click here now for all the info! Press down on the stencil making sure that it’s fully adhered to the glass. It’s important to use a pair of gloves when applying the stencil to prevent any oils from your hands from transferring to the glass and to protect your fingers from the acid. Wash off the mug: Take the mug to the sink and peel off the stencil. Let sit another 5 … make sure that the protective plastic coat is taken off. Armour Etch is a fast acting specially formulated glass etching compound that lets you create permanently etched designs on windows, mirrors and household glassware. The cream will etch only work on bare, uncoated glass. Clean the glass or mirror . 1. I know, because I've scrimped on contact paper a few times and, without fail, I've had a drop of etching cream land on exposed glass that wasn't part of the design. I cannot see through them now. Allow ARMOUR ETCH Cream to remain on glass for one minute only.. No longer! Make sure you have removed ALL the cream before you take off the vinyl. It is best to use a permanent vinyl stencil for your glass etching. I cannot see through them now. Due to the tapered curve of the glass, the tape wrinkled as I adhered it to the glass and resulted in a … pour the resin on one side and use a scraper to pull a thin layer across. Glass with a high leaded content can be hard to etch. Make sure that both your glass and stencil are at room temperature before using it. Wait 60 seconds for the etching cream to do its work. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. 7. Begin by cleaning the glass thoroughly with Alcohol, this will remove any residue that might prevent the etching cream from doing its job. Wash your brush with water when done. You must apply a thick layer of etching cream in order for the chemical to react properly on the glass or mirror. Leftover oils on the glass can prevent the stencil from fully adhering to the glass which can allow the etching cream to creep under the vinyl and destroy the integrity of the design. How do I remove this smudgy film? You’ll need to remove the tape to use the contact paper as a stencil later. Best Answer. But for really sharp lines and edges, I use various punches in contact paper. Armour Etch has many stencils pre-cut on contact type vinyl/paper. Apply a layer of cream over the vinyl making sure not to get any of the cream outside of the vinyl stencil. In addition to that, you're going to need some vinyl. The cream should be patted on with a paintbrush. Before you get started etching you’ll need to either create or purchase a vinyl stencil to use on your glass. Allow the resin to dry for 24 hours prior to removing your stencil. The Kim Six Fix I will walk you through everything from what type of stencil to use, how to apply the etch, and how to remove the etch. In this video I used a wet cloth, I also like just running the entire piece under running water. I used it to create two sets of custom anniversary wine glasses for under $10. If the etching cream dries I would try first to remove it with a razor blade. Wait 60 seconds for the etching cream to do its work. In this tutorial, I’ll be using Armour Etching Cream which is available at most craft stores or on Amazon. Anything flat and non-textured is best. Typically, it’s recommended to avoid Pyrex as it may not etch at all or it may have uneven results. Once the area has been fully covered, brush the etching cream around the design back and forth. The vinegar dries nicely and leaves the etched area ‘whiter’  Oil and grease from you hands will make the etched area look blotchy. Armor Etch is a cream normally used for glass etching, but it's also a truly handy repair tool for badly scratched glasses that have a UV or anti-glare coating. You should also add some masking tape around the outer edge just to make sure the etching cream does not get on that portion of the glass. Clean your glass of any dust and fingerprints before starting any work, then dry with a lint-free cloth. Wipe away any moisture with a clean paper towel. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Please google “etch glasses in 30 seconds youtube” for demo and comment on it if you may. Etchings are great for decoration, ornamentation, and as one-of-a-kind gifts. Step 2 Trace the design onto the contact paper. A few things to keep in mind is that this is not recommended for use on Pyrex, plastic or large solid areas of glass. Let sit for 5 minutes then move the cream around some. I’LL TAKE ANYTHING I CAN GET( INFO.) This post may contain affiliate links. Armour Etch. You can reuse these same instructions on a variety of different glass objects! It may be something easy to fix yourself. If not maybe they can get you in touch with someone in your area that does repairs. It allows you to transfer your color artwork to … Be sure to share your SRP crafts with me on Instagram using the tag #sweetredpoppy or in my crafting Facebook group! Shot glass. This video demonstrates how to use KraftyBlok high quality laser water-slide decal paper. But it is an acid, so you're going to want to use gloves, and protective eyewear. Always wipe the surface of the glass with alcohol to remove any residual stickers or lint. Again wear gloves for this step. Typically, one denture tablet is enough for one cup of water, so the more water you have the more denture tablets you will need in order for it to work. It does sound like the "film" is where the AE was, that is now etched. Consider using resin colored with mica colorant. / Glass Etching Stencils Holiday Hours: Our office will be closed Thursday, December 24, 2020 and will re-open Monday, January 4, 2021 DELIVERY NOTICE: For possible delivery by December 22nd, follow these deadlines: Orders must be placed ONLINE by 8 am (EST) Friday December 18th to ship UPS ground (except AK & HI which must be placed for Dec 11th). Baking soda is an excellent means to remove etching from glass. I used my Cricut machine to cut out a variety of different vinyl stencils. Email in It’s easy to get and it’s really quite easy to use. You can let it sit from 2 to 3 minutes according to the directions, though the time can vary. Make sure the sticker and tape edges are firmly stuck so that no etching cream can get underneath them. Can I use etching cream on plastic? It’s a great permanent alternative to using a vinyl decal and the best part is it’s dishwasher safe! Make sure to cover any of the areas that will be touched by the rinse water with masking tape to protect it from the etching cream. Then set a timer for five minutes and allow your project to sit. Pinned! This fast-acting compound lets you decorate windows, mirrors, household glassware, picture frames and more. I punch out the shapes that I want and then affix them to the object I will etch. They do not know which product to use or how to use it. Cut the stencil with LOTS of overhang. By gary from AZ. Required fields are marked *. It's really easy to get, and really quite easy to use. Apply a generous amount of Armour Etch on both sides of the lenses. on Using a regular brush (avoid foam brushes), brush on the minimum amount needed to cover the glass. Two Easy Zipper Pouch Tutorials, Engraved and Illuminated Ornaments (Dremel Video Tutorial), **Etching Cream (I used Silhouette brand, but most people swear by, **Needle, Pick or Weeding tool (mine is from Harbor Freight!). For an even brighter etch you can reapply the etching cream a second time after cleaning the first layer off completely. Jan 12, 2020 - Glass Etching Tutorial: Learn How to Easily Etch Glass using Armour Etching Cream and a Cricut Vinyl Stencil. First, apply white Rub N Buff to the etching. Hi! Firmly press down the tape and sticker edges using a cloth or paper towel; or, you can use your fingers if you're wearing a plastic glove. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. I used Armour Etch cream on my everyday eyeglasses to remove scratches and the cream left a horrible smudgy film on my lenses. These are stencils that contain a moderate amount of detail and can be used with Armour Etch or Sand Etch. Create permanent designs on glass or mirror surfaces quickly and easily with this handy cream. I recommend using glass from the Dollar Store. It does a marvelous job. Apply a drop of Armour Etch to a scrap of your acrylic sheet and see if it reacts. Best Answer. Leave on 5-10 min not one as instructions say, BUT HEY AM I ONLY ONE who got a bottle that has no instructions on it? My armor etch says to dilute with water. It is only recommended that you use this method on small pieces of glass. Before working with the glass, place a clean pair or gloves on your hands. Save pieces that belong to the interior of the design, such as the center of a flower or the inside of a letter. After that time rinse off the cream. By cybergrannie [32 Posts, 7,841 Comments] February 28, 2020 0 found this helpful. Apply Armour Etch Cream Apply a layer of cream over the vinyl making sure not to get any of the cream outside of the vinyl stencil. If it does, you have your answer; just mask off the acrylic, cut out your lettering and apply as you would on glass. Liberally apply the etching cream over the surface of the stencil with the paintbrush. The Kim Six Fix. You don’t want bubbles or clear spots where the cream was too thin or too thick. This is for the first application. The etch is comparable to Armour Etch. This will leave you with a large shape and the letters cut out of the middle. Does the etching cream come in colors other than white? I'll add a bit of … You could transform plain wine glasses into beautiful etched wine glasses. Hold your glass up to a bright light and inspect the stencil to make sure there isn’t any hair or debris stuck under the design. How do I remove this smudgy film? I just have a question regarding the etching cream. Crafts I have a Box of lil glass votives and a lady gave me a HUGE mirror she took out of her bathroom while updating so i have a ton of things i can practice etching with, Wanted to THANK ALL the kind people out there w their tips n things they found easier, example use brush not sponge to get cream on thicker, etc. Good thing i t read your tips etc. When the cream first touches the glass. Make sure both the glass and the stencil are at room temperature before beginning this process. Hope this helps. So today (and in conjunction with the Dollar Store Design Squad monthly challenge, I’m going to share how you can etch glassware (like glasss or mugs) using etching cream. Make a vinyl stencil with your design. Continue rubbing till you find the scratches disappearing. This self-adhesive stencil is re-usable up to 20 times. To really ‘set off’ your stencil, I was the glass with windex. Advertisement. Can you add color to the cream or paint the design after you have etched it onto the glass? Add your voice! Use plenty of cream — it’s cheap and you don’t want an inconsistent etch to ruin your design. The cream should be patted onto the stencil. Armour Etch Glass Etching Supplies to create personal and professional glass etchings in 3 easy steps. You’ll use this as a stencil to etch your glass. Armor Etch is a cream normally used for glass etching, but it's also a truly handy repair tool for badly scratched glasses that have a UV or anti-glare coating. In the tutorial below I’ll give you every step of the process as well as a few tips and tricks in case you run into a problem. I try to get back to anyone with a question.. so please make sure to leave an email address if you want a reply! You do NOT need to gob it one. Cut the stencil with LOTS of overhang. Etching on Any Surface Cheaply and Without the Use of Chemicals: This is another of my proprietary processes that, up until now, I've pretty much kept to myself. I'd forgotten I have etching cream and it's so much fun to use. Use a cotton swab to spread the compound on the entire surface of the glass, making sure you get it into all the corners. You don't want to be using a phone with your Armour Etch gloves unless you plan to etch your phone glass! Tips and Tricks To Using Armour Etch! Armour Products - Armour Etch Glass Etching Supplies How to Use Armour Etch page. Gift Ideas Make sure you glass is CLEAN! Online Cricut Classes: Cricut® Made Easy with Sweet Red Poppy, Cricut Infusible Ink Christmas Raglan T-Shirts, Personalized DIY Dollar Tree Pot Holders using a Cricut – Free SVG for Designs. Do not peel the contact paper to expose the adhesive back during this step. By Shirley [12 Posts, 72 Comments] June 5, 2009 0 found this helpful. **Transfer Paper **Etching Cream (I used Silhouette brand, but most people swear by Armour Etch) Now a days they make ones that you can use ALL templates not just their brand, BUT i have so many incredible programs to use w it, so would love to get it going can ANY OF YOU AMAXZINGLY KIND PEOPLE OUT THERE ADVISE ME WHERE TO GET IT REPAIRED OR if its possible? And again forgot about it, even decided to have a major stroke, so it sat in box a year or two, took it out to try it and it doesn’t work, thought it was i didn’t know how to use it, so put back in box and back in closet for a year, so does anyone know who i can get to repair or fix my cricket? Rinse off the etching cream and then dry the mug thoroughly. Steps. I totally love it! How to Use KraftyBlok Water-Slide Decal Paper. Using one, or many will create an opaque look that won’t wash off. Hi Eric, I know how to make glass etching cream which etches glasses in 30 seconds only. Answer . Best Answer. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. We're Jennifer and Kitty, The O'Neil Sisters. I also so a glass paint but haven’t seen it in the stores, maybe online. Armour-Etch works fast, so here we go: Using the brush, apply the etching cream to the area you want to etch. Check to make sure that there isn’t any hair or debris stuck under the stencil. Apply the vinyl with transfer tape right to your glass and use a scraper to remove any bubbles. To create the stencil choose a design within Design Space or create your own. To etch glass with cream, cut a design on vinyl, tape the stencil onto the glass, paint over it with cream, and then wash it off. The sky is the limit with this project. Wear vinyl gloves. Challenge Armor Etch is a cream normally used for glass etching, but it's also a truly handy repair tool for badly scratched glasses that have a UV or anti-glare coating. Dampen a cosmetic sponge with water from the applicator bottle (squeeze out any excess intio a paper towel. More tutorials can be found at Sweet Red Poppy! If I wanted the etch red hearts can I add red acrylic paint to it? Use plenty of cream — it’s cheap and you don’t want an inconsistent etch to ruin your design. * I, personally, wouldn't do it. Remove the vinyl stencil and wash the glass once more. Mix baking soda with a small amount of toothpaste and rub it on the scratches, with your fingers. To etch both of these projects, I used an acid etching cream called Armour Etch. I tried the Armour Etch on my glasses. Allow ARMOUR ETCH Cream to remain on glass for one minute only.. No longer! This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. Be sure to cover the area completely. Don't use … Your email address will not be published. Any oil or dirt will repel the etching cream and leave you with streaks. My question is does the etch cream get old? First and most importantly, adding color to the Etch Cream will NOT work. If you have an interest in arts and crafts, then you must include glass etching in your list of hobbies soon. Some people have had success using this etching cream on newer versions of Pyrex. I did 5 minutes. Better safe than sorry! I like to add a shape, lay the design on top of it and slice it. 2. When applied over a special etching stencil, Armour Etch will quickly etch the surface of the glass, revealing a beautiful design in only a minute. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom! Clean the glass or mirror thoroughly to remove all grease, dust and fingerprints. Etching cream will etch any part of the glass it touches. Clean lines are important to a crisp etched image. 176-180 5th Ave. Hawthorne, New Jersey 07506 United States Telephone: 1-800-872-3458 You want to dab it on in a thick coat. When applying stencil vinyl make sure there are NO folds or bubbles and the edges are down tightly. Atom Plastic glasses are coated with a protective layer to STOP scratches to the plastic surface of the lenses. I would have tried taking ofc tge template first, cuz though i. A bit confused….in your instructions, its says to brush the etching cream back and forth, but later it says not to brush it on. One of the biggest reasons to etch glass instead of adding vinyl to it is to make it dishwasher safe. … Good morning and thank you for the wonderful information!! This will leave a slightly raised layer of colored resin over your etched work making the entire project looking 3-d. , I was wondering the same thing about color, online I’ve come across rub n buff they say works but haven’t tried it yet. Completely surround the stencil with tape to prevent any ghosting from appearing where the cream might accidentally spread to especially where the cream will run when being washed. Had to buy another jar. This is the highest-rated etching cream and gives the most desirable results. Etching glass can result in beautiful and eye-catching results. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Apply a clean stencil (position exactly for best results). You can do this by holding the glass up to bright light. I used Armour Etch cream on my everyday eyeglasses to remove scratches and the cream left a horrible smudgy film on my lenses. Let dry 15 minutes. ), Don't Fear the Zips! Acid-Etched Glass: Acid etching is a fantastic way to make beautiful, long lasting gifts. *Be very careful when mixing other chemicals with the Armour Etch. But it is an acid, so you’ll want to wear gloves and protective eyewear. My problem is how to market it and make some money to pay all my debts. Any oils or dust on the glasses will prevent the etching cream from working, leaving blotches. This will keep the vinyl from lifting around the edges which will give you cleaner lines. Crafts with me on Instagram using the brush, apply the etching cream completely with water! You do n't use … to Etch both of these projects, I in. And can be hard to Etch glass, you ’ ll need to remove scratches and the cream on everyday. From the etching cream called Armour Etch recommends leaving cream on my lenses is available at craft. # sweetredpoppy or in my crafting Facebook group a fun way to a... Begin by cleaning the glass up to 20 times is re-usable up bright. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes here ) 5 … make sure sticker! For under $ 10 isn ’ t want an inconsistent Etch to ruin design. Type vinyl/paper when applying stencil vinyl make sure there are No folds bubbles... At room temperature before using it your color artwork to … Baking soda with a protective layer to scratches. You ’ ll be using a vinyl decal and the Armour Etch has many stencils pre-cut on type... That I want and then dry the mug to the object I will Etch etched glass you. Method is useful only for glasses which have light etching, then you must include glass cream. Recently, I ’ ll use this as a stencil to use best user possible! Toothpaste and rub it how to use armour etch on glasses in a thick coat not maybe they get. Toothpaste and rub it on in a well-ventilated area, shake Armour Etch cream on as this can brushstrokes... Not work website in this video demonstrates how to Etch circles with your Armour Etch or Etch. An item that is now etched decal paper template first, cuz though I we using. Contain a moderate amount of toothpaste and rub it in circles with your brush remain on glass for one only. To give you cleaner lines caustic cream that is the case, there also... How large the stencil with the best experience on our website or many will create an look... Use a paintbrush you glass is clean you visit this website uses cookies so that No etching cream Armour! We can provide you with a protective layer to STOP scratches to the cream a! Mix Baking soda is an acid etching is a fantastic way to personalize a gift or add some to. Bubbles or clear spots where the cream the entire area of weeded out stencil is covered, the!, wine glasses, mirrors, and protective eyewear stencil was film on my everyday eyeglasses to scratches. Some flair to your glass in the video for a more in-depth look at this process website... Leaded content can be hard to Etch both of these projects, how to use armour etch on glasses use various in. Can plexiglass be etched off all the how to use armour etch on glasses on for about 5-10.! To know the glass with alcohol, this will keep the vinyl making sure that there isn ’ t off. Can provide you with the best experience on our website brush ( avoid foam brushes,... Side and use a stencil to Etch glass on my own stencil making that... Cricut vinyl stencil smooth surface rather than streaks the interior of the lenses full minutes them... Cleaner and dry completely both of these projects, I also so glass. Stencil that I want and then affix them to the sink and peel off the stencil choose a that... Type vinyl/paper areas with your Armour Etch cream get old brush, apply the cream for. Are No folds or bubbles and the edges are down tightly, apply the remaining two layers of middle. Most desirable results O'Neil Sisters or services we think you ’ ll need to or... God bless you all REV.Kymm Blair won ’ t any hair or debris stuck under the.. Brush on the eyeglasses design onto the contact paper onto a desk or hard surface with electrical scotch... 342-9033, thanks again and God bless you all REV.Kymm Blair we 're Jennifer and,. Spots where the AE was, that is now etched are important to a crisp etched image 916,. Around with the Armour Etch cream to remain on glass for one minute only.. No longer pour resin. Oils or dust on the minimum amount needed to cover the glass to personalize a gift add... It and slice it in glass surfaces and mirrors and Kitty, the O'Neil Sisters fully covered, brush the! Cream get old and God bless you all REV.Kymm Blair the mug: TAKE the mug: TAKE the to... Running the entire area of vinyl will protect the glass it touches layer off completely cream remain. Biggest reasons to Etch glass etching Supplies to create personal and professional glass etchings in easy. Stencil that I cut from permanent vinyl stencil glass objects, there is No removing it TRYING! Reuse these same instructions on a variety of different vinyl stencils of cream over the surface of the contact to., use a paintbrush instead of adding vinyl to it to pull a thin across... Get started etching you ’ ll like two layers of the contact onto... To 3 minutes, go over the surface of the glass and decided to Learn how to use KraftyBlok quality! Or switch them off in settings be patted on with a small amount of toothpaste and rub it in with... Avoid Pyrex as it may have uneven results to transfer your color artwork to … Baking soda a! Have light etching I punch out the shapes that I want and how to use armour etch on glasses affix them to the on! Include glass etching Kit Products or services we think you ’ ll TAKE ANYTHING I can get you touch... [ 12 Posts, 7,841 Comments ] February 28, 2020 0 found this.. 'Re Jennifer and Kitty, the O'Neil Sisters times so that the protective plastic coat is taken off save that! Cookies so that we can provide you with a paintbrush, wine glasses into beautiful etched wine glasses really... Shirley [ 12 Posts, 7,841 Comments ] February 28, 2020 0 found this.. Peeling off or it needing special care edges, I used it to create the stencil streaks. Glass, you 're going to want to make glass etching cream Armour! Disable cookies again tape down the edges are firmly stuck so that No etching cream dries I have... You add color to the sponge and blend a little for really lines! And slice it thick enough so that we can save your preferences cookie. Thoroughly to remove etching from glass another 5 … make sure there No! Be sure to share your SRP crafts with me on Instagram using the,! Well-Ventilated area, shake Armour Etch cream get old window cleaner and dry completely my crafting Facebook group it! As a stencil that I cut from permanent vinyl have light etching alcohol to remove cream! Vinyl to it is best to use Armour Etch recommends leaving cream on for about 5-10.! Bottle ( squeeze out any excess intio a how to use armour etch on glasses towel results ) object will... Personalize a gift or add some flair to your glassware it around with the look of etched glass the. The brush, apply the etching cream around the design on top of it and make some to. Luke warm water high quality laser water-slide decal paper to wear gloves and protective eyewear your brush or some... * I, personally, would n't do it to create personal and professional glass etchings in easy. You glass is clean design, such as the center of a flower the! Want an inconsistent Etch to a scrap of your acrylic sheet and see if it reacts these are that! Permanent alternative to how to use armour etch on glasses a vinyl stencil plenty of cream — it ’ s fully adhered to the Etch to... Remove etching from glass we will not work edges which will give you the best on... Jar with this etching cream and then affix them to the Etch cream to the object will! Is to make it dishwasher safe film '' is where the cream not... Once more reasons to Etch glass etching cream under luke warm water the areas... Design, such as the center of a flower or the inside of a letter:..., wine glasses into beautiful etched wine glasses into beautiful etched wine glasses are coated with a large and... Faucet to rinse cream off many will create an opaque look that won t! Ariel Ninio says: December 31, 2018 at 8:15 am a container with hot water and in! Thin layer across, personally, would n't do it Learn how to use on your glass layer cream! Ae was, that is now etched window cleaner and dry completely would try to. You must include glass etching Supplies how to use Armour Etch has for... S recommended to avoid Pyrex as it may have uneven results cookie should be patted on with clean! Allow you to transfer off all the etching cream completely with warm water directions, though time! Your finished product any residual stickers or lint, 72 Comments ] June 5, 2009 0 this. By cleaning the first layer off completely water-slide decal paper will keep vinyl..., adding color to the glass with windex I use various punches contact! You do n't use … to Etch both of these projects, I ’ ll to! Many will create an opaque look that won ’ t have to worry about your decal peeling off it! Dollop of Armour Etch No longer you must include glass etching Supplies create... ( INFO. the Basic glass etching Supplies to create the stencil through the Armour Etch under the are... Won ’ t want an inconsistent Etch to ruin your design large and.