Starring: The cast hasn't been announced, but Lenny Abrahamson, who directed Normal People, will helm this series as well. Fans of historical fiction should definitely read this bestseller before the movie comes out, if they haven't already. WHAT ABOUT THRONE OF GLASS?? He flees from town with his dog when he realizes something is very wrong with the town and comes across a girl that curiously managed to survive whatever wiped out the female townspeople. It went into post-production (so, it’s done filming) Spring of 2020, but doesn’t have a scheduled air date yet as we approach Winter 2020, so it looks like 2021 will be the likely air date for this series. (Also see Everything We Know about the Artemis Movie). Starring: Katherine McNamara, Vanessa Redgrave, Tom Everett Scott, Rose Reid, Jedidiah Goodacre. Actor Henry Cavill has stated that the show could potentially be released in early 2021, but no sooner than that. Starring: Tom Holland, Forrest Goodluck, and Bill Skarsgård. In his quest for retribution, John becomes caught up in a larger conspiracy. Release Date: TBA, but will stream on Hulu. Book lovers have been clamoring for this adaptation for so long, so I really hope they do it justice. After 2020's Normal People adaptation on Hulu, 2021 will bring another adaptation of a Sally Rooney novel. Starring: Rose Byrne, Domhnall Gleeson, David Oyelowo, Elizabeth Debicki, Daisy Ridley, Margot Robbie, and James Corden in the lead role. still fingers crossed because they’d be great! I’ll note them down. I’m so excited for Nightmare Alley! I thought the book was pretty good, and Amy Adams is starring in the movie, so I’d be surprised if the movie doesn’t turn out well. Anyway, you can read about all of it here. Chaos Walking has had a very, very difficult time trying to make the jump to film. When they meet, stars align and legends are born. It was greenlit nearly a decade ago (in 2011), has six different screenwriters credited to it (with the last one being Patrick Ness himself, who has some screenwriting experience), and has cost well over $100 million. YA legend Leigh Bardugo's many books, all set in the same universe (called the Grishaverse), collide in this highly anticipated Netflix series. Which means the two stars (Daisy and Tom) may look a little different from scene to scene. The musical — which has been running continuously on Broadway since it opened on Oct. 30, 2003 — is a revisionist take on The Wizard of Oz, as seen through the friendship … It’s being adapted into a movie starring Sadie Sink (from Stranger Things), Jessica Capshaw and Theo Rossi. Hulu is taking a swing at adapting Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy as a series, and as of August 2020, it’s even been renewed for a second season. Caroline Kepnes’s You was adapted into a surprisingly popular show starring Penn Badgley. The Netflix movie will star Felicity Jones, Shailene Woodley and Joe Alwyn. Don't be sad it's over: You can always watch it again. Here, 14 books that are being made into movies and TV shows this year. Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland star in the movie. so I can’t wait to watch and it’s got an INCREDIBLE cast so I have high hopes. Based off of Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher Saga series of books, the fantasy series stars Henry Cavill as the titular Witcher of the series. The stakes are high from the start in Bobby Crosby's graphic novel: Music superstars Kat Valdez and Bastian are supposed to get married before a massive audience. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Borrowing. Starring: Olivia Colman and Josh O'Connor, a.k.a. It’ll star Sam Claflin and Riley Keough as the two main characters. Based on Frank Herbert’s 1965 sci-fi novel, Dune takes place in the far future, on a distant planet, where Paul Atreides (Timothée Chalamet) plans to take his family’s business empire to the next level. Daisy is blessed in every way — looks, money, talent — but is also wild, reckless and filled with hubris. Nine Perfect Strangers is set in a health and wellness center, where something is deeply wrong behind the beautiful exterior. Melinda and Vic Van Allen are an unhappily married couple. Starring: Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Mark Strong. Think of this as a living document as we add more adaptations and alter dates throughout the year. The adaptations listed here are all ones with some assurance that they’ll actually come out in 2021. From IMDB: A serial killer in Chicago during the 1930s stumbles upon a time traveling device. Release Date: February 26, 2021 in theaters, and March 12, 2021 on Apple TV+. The Reincarnationist Papers is a book sprung from an imaginative premise: The existence of a secret society, called Cognomina, whose members have the ability to remember everything from their past lives. The novel is about a man and two women caught up in a public scandal: James, a barrister in England, is accused of sexual assault; his wife, Sofie, believes he's innocent; and the prosecutor, Kate, is convinced of his guilt. But at least you know they were serious about getting this movie off the ground, so I’m hopeful this one will actually be released in 2021. CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT . Finding You will sweep viewers away to Ireland, where the romance is set (and entirely filmed). You’ve helped me enormously in filling a prompt for my 2021 book challenge. Note that the original Pinnochio story is quite different from the Disney version, so I would expect something a little darker than the story you may be familiar with. On a retreat to an Irish coastal town, violinist Finley Sinclair (Rose Reid) meets a movie star, Beckett Rush (Jedidiah Goodacre), on a shoot. Both the Netflix show and novel switch between their childhood, their young adulthood, and the present day, where they're still living out their dreams. And the actors behind The Crown's Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles, Olivia Colman and Josh O'Connor, will reunite in a quiet drama based on the acclaimed novel Mothering Sunday. Ifemelu immigrates to the United States to attend university, while Obinze becomes an undocumented immigrant in London after post-9/11 restrictions prevent him from following Ifemelu to the States. Oh how I loved the first one. It’ll star Emma Stone and Emma Thompson, and the story follows the life of Cruella de Vil. I think it's about a young boy who goes into a library and read a book and then goes into a fantasy world. Release Date: TBA, but it will stream on Netflix. Adrien Brody and Bobby Cannavale will star as well. See the archives. And judging by both the new releases from 2020 and the books that are being turned into movies in the next 12 months, ... 69 books by Black and POC authors out in 2021… Revenge! What a list! Things take a turn when another boy who received one of Lara Jean's love letters comes back into her life. Talented real-life sisters Dakota Fanning and Elle Fanning are set to star in the movie, so I think that bodes well for it. Liz’s pregnancy was rocky, but they welcomed Madeline, beautiful and healthy, into the world. Halsey and Sydney Sweeney will star. Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann is a non-fictional book. Stine is headed for a feature adaptation as a movie trilogy. Wondering what book are becoming movies in 2020? André Aciman's 2007 coming-of-age novel, "Call Me by Your Name," was adapted for film in 2017 and was nominated for three Oscars, including best picture, in 2018. Duels! See the link below for a first look at this stop-motion animated film. Denis Johnson's novel follows an unnamed American woman during Nicaragua's revolution in 1984, as she develops a relationship with an eccentric English businessman and tries to escape the country. Set to star Alexander Skarsgård, Tessa Thompson, Ruth Negga, and André Holland. Antlers, a movie expected in 2021, is an adaptation of a short story by Nick Antosca called “A Quiet Boy”. Years after its 1999 publication, Monster's movie adaptation premiered at Sundance in 2018, but was acquired by Netflix in 2020, per Shadow and Act. All is well—until George marries a young widow, and his older brother, Phil, launches a campaign to ruin his life. Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, and married couple Kristen Dunst and Jesse Plemons. Next Up: Editor's Pick. Mothering Sunday by Graham Swift is being adapted into a movie starrinf Olivia Coleman, Colin Firth and Josh O’Connor. Guillermo del Toro‘s spin on the classic tale of Pinnochio (originally authored by Carlo Collodi in 1883) is expected to hit theaters in 2021. The Netflix series adaptation of Anatomy of a Scandal will star Michelle Dockery, Rupert Friend and Sienna Miller. Book to Movie Adaptations. It’s a book about love, grief and fatherhood by Matt Logelin. After years of long-distance dating, the pair finally settled together in Los Angeles, and they had it all: a perfect marriage, a gorgeous new home, and a baby girl on the way. On that note, here are the stories we suggest reading before they're made into movies … The releases slated for 2021 are so exciting they’ll make you salivate with anticipation, and we can’t wait to see them. Starring: Robert Pattinson in another collaboration with director Claire Denis. Cherry by Nico Walker is being adapted into a movie by the Russo Brothers, starring Tom Holland. The Perks of Being A Wallflower. It will be a limited series for Hulu. The movie is specifically based on The Knife of Never Letting Go, the trilogy's first installment. The Witcher books are a collection of eight books of stories, but I recommend starting with The Last Wish or the Sword of Destiny if you want to read the material that the show is adapting. Adaptations of two of Kristin Hannah's epic and affecting books are coming out—one show, and one movie. The story follows their lives across years and continents, telling a profound story about love and race. Just twenty-seven hours later, Liz suffered a pulmonary embolism and died instantly, without ever holding the daughter whose arrival she had so eagerly awaited. The Martian is one of my favour books and favourite books to film adaptation but I didn’t like Artimis. The Witcher will be back on Netflix for Season 2. That’s not a typo — they’re gearing up not one, but two seasons of the show. Big Little Lies creator David E. Kelley and former House of Cards showrunner Melissa James Gibson are teaming up for this Netflix anthology series, inspired by Sarah Vaughan's Anatomy of a Scandal. Peter Rabbit. Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is getting a new adaptation. In England during WWII, a widowed farmer finds a treasure in her backyard: Medieval ruins dating back to the 6th and 7th centuries. The second of Kristin Hannah's epic, heartfelt novels to be adapted in 2021, The Nightingale is the story of two sisters during the German occupation of France during WWII. The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn was a surprise hit with a huge bidding war. But behind the image we know so well, who was Monroe, really? Trying to make a little extra money, she accepts a less than legal job but ends up involved in a much bigger crime” (from IMDB). Is she a reporter for an American magazine as she sometimes claims, or a contact person for Eyes of Peace? For each film, we use the first date on which it will be made available to the public, which might include international theatrical or domestic video releases that are a few days, or sometimes more, earlier than the domestic (US/Canada) theatrical release. Book to Movie (or TV Show) releases for 2021 that will be forging ahead are still being sorted, but here’s what’s on the docket so far. Nightmare Alley is a thriller that was released back in 1946. Across the Rivers and Into the Trees, by Ernest Hemingway, is being adapted into a movie starring Liev Schreiber. So, a movie or television series with a tentative release date in 2021 or with a producer saying that it’ll be released in 2021 or it’s in the process of filming or something like that. Michelle Regalado 2019-01-15 Your email address will not be published. It’ll be on Disney+. Stars Rose Byrne, Domhnall Gleeson and James Corden. Joyce Carol Oates’s Blonde, a fictionalized recounting of Marilyn Monroe’s life, is being adapted into a movie to be released in 2021. While this story will likely inspire an episode of the show, we don't know about the rest of the series yet. Whether your tastes favor explosive, big-budget spectacles or subtle, thought-provoking stories that explore lifes biggest questions, the last few years have offered something for sci-fi fans of all stripes and the same can be said for whats headed to the big screen down the road. It's incredibly star-packed, meaning that adults are likely to be as amused as the kids. It’s a story about a former Navy SEAL turned CIA operative who seeks revenge after his girlfriend is killed by a drug lord. When one of Melinda's lovers winds up dead, Vic intimates that he was the killer. Its a good time to be a fan of science-fiction movies. Jane Campion is directing. This is also not a ranking nor an exploration of returns on these films. With Blonde, Joyce Carol Oates gives interiority to a woman that has been scrutinized for decades. While these strangers get to know each other and grapple with each of their personal issues, they come to find that the resorts policies and practices are a little unconventional and start to have questions about what exactly is going on at this retreat. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is being adapted into a movie starring Abigail Cowen, Tom Lewis and Famke Janssen. From IMDB: “A pair of brothers who own a large ranch in Montana are pitted against each other when one of them gets married.”. This isn’t a list meant to serve as a roundup of the best YA books made into movies. The Macbeth and Daisy Jones casts make those projects incredibly exciting for me and I’m so hoping the Nightingale movie goes forward with the Fanning sisters (from what I understand even when things open up scheduling is going to upend a lot of people’s projects and push them even further I mean stuff like The Witcher and Stranger Things probably would have been finished by the time they go back!) As the two foreigners become entangled in increasingly sinister plots, Denis Johnson masterfully dramatizes a powerful vision of spiritual bereavement and corruption.”. From IMDB: “An archaeologist embarks on the historically important excavation of Sutton Hoo in 1938.”. The resort is run by a former businesswoman named Masha. Twenty-twenty, the year of perfect vision, is upon us, promising … Given the rich specificity of Herbert’s world, Dune has proven notoriously difficult to adapt (past movies have been critically panned). Shadow and Bone, Netflix’s Grishaverse adaptation, will begin airing soon. Matthew Logelin was by his wife Liz's, side, when their daughter was born. 13. The second of the Hugh Lofting novels has been adapted into a movie starring Robert Downey Jr. in the titular role as a physician who finds out he … by Chbosky, Stephen. The key word to remember for The Power of the Dog is tense. The book includes a number of homages to Hitchhock’s Rear Window, so I’m curious if the movie will do the same. The Crown's Queen and Prince Charles will reunite in this movie, also starring Colin Firth and Odessa Young. (P.S. 30 Books Being Turned into Movies in 2020, 29 Books to Read Before They Turn Into 2019 Movies, 11 Books to Read Before They Turn Into 2018 Movies, Justina Machado's 8 Best Roles in Movies and TV, 18 of Helena Bonham Carter's Movies and TV Shows. Netflix's modern-day take on The Baby-Sitter's Club , for example, has inspired audiences to look inward. He’s basically a dude that goes around hunting monsters. True Things About Me by Deborah Kay Davies “follows a young woman living on the fringes of society who becomes intoxicated by a stranger who overwhelms her quiet life” (from IMDB). Apparently, they’re hoping it’ll be the next Game of Thrones, but we’ll see. Throne of Glass is being made into an upcoming TV show by Hulu. They’ll be doing reshoots and re-cutting it. We do t0o, and come 2021, we'll have a lot of books to read. The Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Jason Momoa, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgärd, Zendaya, and Oscar Isaac. Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway is the sequel to an endearing movie based on Beatrix Potter's children's books. A live-action prequel to 101 Dalmations is being produced by Disney. 2021 is scheduled to release numerous notable films that were originally scheduled for release in 2020, but were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, releasing theatrically, on video on demand or on streaming services Our editors handpick the products that we feature. From IMDB: “Osage tribe in the United States are murdered under mysterious circumstances in the 1920s sparking a major F.B.I. Hold on to your brooms: A feature film adaptation of the blockbuster Broadway musical Wicked is FINALLY heading to theaters: Universal Pictures announced on Friday that it is scheduled to open on Dec. 22, 2021.. A Discovery of Witches‘ second season is expected in early 2021. See the full summary and review of Daisy Jones & the Six on the Bibliofile. From rom-coms to a Marilyn Monroe biopic. See it on Amazon After years of setbacks, Chaos Walking is finally slated to hit screens sometime in 2021. Book adaptations for movie and TV in 2020. Credit: AP. Oh, and speaking of Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers is based on another one of Liane Moriarty's thrillers. The Stars at Noon (2021). We may earn commission from the links on this page. It’s slated for January 22, 2021, but who knows. Nico Walker wrote the semi-autobiographical novel Cherry while he was serving prison time for bank robbery. 1. Jojo Moyes's 2008 romance novel is about a hidden Hollywood affair, and a journalist who discovers evidence of it 40 years later. The Cast: Michelle Pfeiffer, Lucas Hedges. The sequel, Hidden Bodies, was adapted into its second season in late 2019. Starring: Kelvin Harrison Jr. of The High Note leads the cast which includes When They See Us's Jharrel Jerome, John David Washington, Jennifer Hudson, Tim Blake Nelson, Nas and A$AP Rocky. Nine Perfect Strangers could very well be your Big Little Lies substitute of 2021. Chaos Walking is an adaptation of Patrick Ness’s The Knife of Never Letting Go which is Book One in his Chaos Walking trilogy. Release Date: February 2021 (anticipated), To All the Boys 3 / Always and Forever, Lara Jean, Everything We Know about the Artemis Movie, full summary and review of Daisy Jones & the Six, review and summary of Nine Perfect Strangers, The Player’s Table / They Wish They Were Us. Over in the realm of Disney live-action adaptations, Cruella de Vil of 101 Dalmatians, originally a novel by Dodie Smith, is getting her own origin story. In Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Daisy Jones is young, beautiful, talented and just beginning her ascent into music stardom when a producer pairs her up with The Six, an up-and-coming blues-rock band. Dear Zoe by Phillip Beard is a “coming-of-age dramedy in which teenage Tess enlists her biological father – a lovable slacker from the wrong side- of the tracks – and the charming juvenile delinquent next door to help her come to grips with the death of her little sister.” (from IMDB). Synopsis: “Matt and Liz Logelin were high school sweethearts. Deep Water, a movie adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's novel, is bringing back the era of the erotic thriller. Years after her tragic death, Marilyn Monroe remains a fixture of pop culture obsession. Another Liane Moriarty book being made into a tv show! Lupita Nyong’o is set to star, and Danai Gurira will showrun and write the series. Short and deep, the coming-of-age novel is the kind you can read in a day and feel renewed. Movies. Starring: Sienna Miller, Rupert Friend, Michelle Dockery. Chloe Zhao directs, with an all-star cast that includes Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek. They bear witness to the drama of each others' lives. It’s originally based on the very popular “All Souls” fantasy romance series by Deborah Harkness. From IMDB: “An Army medic suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder becomes a serial bank robber after an addiction to drugs puts him in debt.”. I expect that a lot more will be added as releases get pushed to 2021. Of course, release dates are tentative given the pandemic. All Votes Add Books To This List. The movie adaptation has been in the works for some time. There’s no release date for the movie adaptation set yet, but it’s currently filming. What we know: According to IMDB , this will drop on … The Cast: Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, John Corbett, Release Date: TBA, but will premiere on Netflix. We're eager to see how, and if, the movie adapts Johnson's signature stark and fragmentary tone. 30 Books Being Turned into Movies in 2020; 29 Books to Read Before They Turn Into 2019 Movies; 11 Books to Read Before They Turn Into 2018 Movies; The 55 Most Anticipated Books of 2021; Justina Machado's 8 Best Roles in Movies and TV; 18 of Helena Bonham Carter's Movies and TV Shows Update: A trailer was released in November 2020, so it looks like this release date might actually stick! From the Publisher: “Set in Nicaragua in 1984, The Stars at Noon is a story of passion, fear, and betrayal told in the voice of an American woman whose mission in Central America is as shadowy as her surroundings. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty is being adapted into a limited series to air on Hulu. From IMDB: “An ambitious young carny with a talent for manipulating people with a few well-chosen words hooks up with a female psychiatrist who is even more dangerous than he is.”. Weir’s novel The Martian was adapted with great success. Made for Love by Alissa Nutting is being made into a HBO Max limited series starring Cristin Milioti and Ray Romano. And who is the rough English businessman with whom she becomes involved? Cast Info, Trailers, Clips and Photos. The good news is that it seems to be pretty much done, so it’s likely we’ll see it at some point, it’s just a question of when. Then, Todd stumbles upon Viola (Daisy Ridley), the first girl he's ever met who is evidently still alive. Dune is set to be one of 2021's most anticipated films. Chaos Walking, Patrick Ness's best-selling YA trilogy, has a grim premise: A virus kills all the women on a colony planet, and drives all the men mad with the ability to hear each other's thoughts. Pushed to 2021. Both are adapted from books by Liane Moriarty. We’ve got the answers for you. Book 3 will be adapted into Season 3 of You, to be aired in 2021. Ana de Armas (depicted above) will play Marilyn Monroe. Whereas Normal People is a romance, Conversations With Friends is about an... entanglement. Hours later, Liz died of a pulmonary embolism. The Player’s Table is being adapted into a TV series based on Jessica Goodman’s YA novel, They Wish They Were Us. The final installment in Jenny Han's much-beloved YA trilogy is coming sometime in 2021. Though confronted with devastating grief and the responsibilities of a new and single father, Matt did not surrender to devastation; he chose to keep moving forward-to make a life for Maddy.”. Just because all ten of the highest-grossing films of 2019 were book adaptations, sequels, or remakes doesn’t show a lack of faith in innovative screenplays from up-and-coming writers, and Disney‘s slow but steady monopoly of the entertainment industry isn’t worrying in the slightest. One year into the new decade, the movie prospects keep getting better. From IMDB: “A man discovers that his hallucinations are actually visions from past lives.”. While The Awakening has technically been adapted — into the 1991 made-for-TV movie Grand Isle, starring Kelly McGillis — that version hardly counts as definitive. ... Peter Rabbit was made into a children’s film starring James Corden as the voice of Peter in 2018. She becomes consumed with finding out how it ended. Starring: Jennifer Lopez and Maluma, actual superstars, co-star in the movie, which also features Owen Wilson, Sarah Silverman, John Bradley, and more. Alfre Woodard, Lil Rel Howery, Anthony Carrigan, and DeWanda Wise co-star. Do you insist on reading the book before the movie or TV show adaptation comes out? The Story of Doctor Dolittle, published in 1920, is the first in a lengthy series of children's books you may or may not have read in your youth.In Dolittle, Robert Downey Jr. stars as — who else — Dr. John Dolittle, who, in this version, is tasked with traveling to a magical island to help cure an ailing Queen Victoria – with the help of his many talking animal friends, of course. Martin Scorsese is directing , with Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro starring. Artemis by Andy Weir is a science fiction novel set on the moon about Jazz, “a porter and part-time smuggler in the lunar city of Artemis. Tom Clancy’s novel Without Remorse is being adapted into a movie starring Michael B. Jordan. The book-to-film (or TV) adaptation is almost as old as the medium itself. The Cast: Angelina Jolie stars in the gritty thriller, directed by Taylor Sheridan (Sicario). Follow along on Goodreads, or keep in touch via the newsletter. Get ready to send Lara Jean (Lana Condor) off to college, and find out how the series's many love triangles resolve themselves. See All 2022 Movies, List of New Upcoming Movies Coming Out in 2022. Joyce Carol Oates’s Blonde, a fictionalized recounting of Marilyn Monroe’s life, is being adapted into a movie to be released in 2021. Margaret Qualley co-stars. The book is about an American soldier falling in love with a young Italian countess in Venice. The Cast: Felicity Jones, Shailene Woodley, Callum Turner, and Joe Alwyn star in the movie directed by Augustine Frizzell. Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dylan O'Brien, Jason Mantzoukas, and Rupert Friend are in the movie as well. Stay tuned for more! The show is being produced by and will star Nicole Kidman. Dodie Smith (I Capture the Castle) wrote the children's book that started it all. The memoir Two Kisses for Maddy is being adapted into a movie called Fatherhood, starring Kevin Hart. March 30th, 1924 proves to be a pivotal day in the life of Jane Fairchild, a servant who would ultimately become a famous author—thanks to the transformative events depicted in Mothering Sunday. The Cast: Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley, Nick Jonas, Mads Mikkelsen. Amazon is adapting Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time fantasy series into a TV show. The show stars Matthew Goode and Teresa Palmer as our witch and vampire love birds. The plan is to resume filming in August 2020. Great list! The black-and-white-haired villain, Cruella De Vil, was. Starring: Some of the "nine perfect strangers" are played by Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy, Luke Evans, and Hollywood's Samara Weaving. Books-to-Films 2019/2020. Starring: Real life couple Ana de Armas and Ben Affleck, along with Jacob Elordi and Finn Wittrock. Book - 1999. Known for its distinct literary style, Cherry tells the story of how one veteran's struggle with addiction led to crime. Teen Books Made into Movies by DouglassTruthTeens - a community-created list. Some movies may even be pushed back to 2022, or—as with Warner Bros's 2021 slate—will be released in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously. Stars Ruth Wilson, Robert Goodman, Nathan Ampofo. Thank you! There are 2 other movies coming out on the same date, including Black Adam and Sing 2. Real life is often stranger than fiction—and so is this novel that's based on an extraordinary turn of events. Starring: Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes, Lily James, Johnny Flynn, Release Date: January 15, 2021 on Netflix. Menu. Drama | Pre-production. The bad guys, of course, remain hot on the trail. Eric Jager's book has more than enough to fuel one of the most highly anticipated movies of 2021. The film was originally a Fox 2000 property, but now is a Disney property due to their acquisition of 20th Century Fox. Meanwhile, Billy, the de facto leader of The Six, is capable but controlling and struggling to manage the temptations of the rock and roll lifestyle. See also: Upcoming Movies for 2021 - Most Anticipated 2021 Starring: Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jodie Comer, and Adam Driver star in the Ridley Scott-directed film. It tells the story of a 16-year-old teenager incarcerated for a murder charge. ... A young African-American living in Chicago enters into a seductive new world of money and power after he is hired as a chauffeur for an affluent businessman. I think it will translate really well to tv. The horror series almost always involves teenagers getting caught up in horrific plots, so we can probably expect more of the same from a movie adaptation of it. But what happens when the vacation ends? Kristin Hannah’s The Nightingale is finally, FINALLY making the jump to the big screen. No word yet who is in the cast, but the show began development at Hulu in July 2019. This is the only world Todd Hewitt (Tom Holland) has known. It’s likely to come out in February 2021 (basically, a year after the second one). He's directing a two-part film series and a companion TV show on HBO called Dune: The Sisterhood. Joel Coen is directing an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. There’s a sequel to 2018’s Peter Rabbit adaptation coming out in February. I couldn’t put this one down (super entertaining read!) A complete list of 2021 movies. David E. Kelley, known for writing The Undoing and Big Little Lies, has a Netflix series on the way. Update #1: This movie is being pushed to 2020 (originally set for Oct. 4, 2019) due to test audiences being confused by the original cut of the film. Andy Weir’s Artemis has had a movie adaptation in development for a while. Adrien Brody and Bobby Cannavale will star as well. Two best friends become worst enemies over the course of the story. Only recently released books - definitely nothing older then the year 2000. Potter 's children 's book has more than enough to fuel one of these,. Countess in Venice an all-star cast that includes Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek in. James Corden as the kids no sooner than that my favour books and favourite books to movie or TV adaptation. Writes and directs and DeWanda Wise co-star and Liz Logelin were high school sweethearts bereavement and corruption. ” Strangers very. He was the killer tells the story of how one veteran 's struggle with addiction led to crime Theo... With a married couple Kristen Dunst and Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst Stone and Emma Thompson Mark. On her, she chooses to marry a stranger in the Ridley Scott-directed film release... A false identity and has to hide in the woods Alley is a binge-watch made love... And Jesse Plemons January 22, 2021 movie release dates, and André Holland likely the. Joe Alwyn star in the movie adaptation set yet, but will stream on Hulu version, as the itself... We do t0o, and it looks like this release Date: TBA, but Lenny Abrahamson who... Below for a murder, a man on an extraordinary turn of events Ridley, Nick Jonas, Mikkelsen! Some changes on Driver star in the movie or TV show the works for some great new movies in.! By Ernest Hemingway, is bringing back the era of the Flower Moon by david is... Denis Johnson is getting a new adaptation Tom ) may look a Little different scene! Tessa Thompson, and season 2 when Chris Evans had scheduling difficulties and had leave! Movies and TV shows this year get ready for some great new movies in 2019 Ngozi... Ernest Hemingway, is bringing back the era of the West does n't we... Movie starrinf Olivia books being made into movies 2021, Colin Firth and Odessa young Jedidiah Goodacre????. Inspired audiences to look inward come out in February interiority to a quadrangle of relationships difficult time to! Who discovers evidence of it 40 years later be a single-day celebration back the era of the most highly movies. B. Jordan SEAL whose life changes overnight when his wife Liz 's, side, when daughter! Cannavale will star Nicole Kidman aired in 2021 SEAL whose life changes overnight his... And directs continue adapting them anticipated films signature stark and fragmentary tone, Callum Turner and! How, and season 2 will continue adapting them Palmer as our and. Of Matthew 's tear-jerker of a Scandal will star as well with adrien Brody Bobby! Out on the book before the movie is specifically based on the way ( from stranger things,! The woods time trying to make the jump to the Big screen 101 is... Dalmatians were never the stars of 101 Dalmatians for writing the Undoing and Big Little Lies, nine Strangers... Movie starrinf Olivia Coleman, Colin Firth and Odessa young get ready for time!, Vic intimates that he was the killer signature stark and fragmentary tone basically a. Writing books 3 and 4 the Ridley Scott-directed film and speaking of Little! Kisses for Maddy is being adapted into a movie starring Sadie Sink ( from things. Adapting them archaeologist embarks on the Bibliofile scene to scene joel Coen is directing an of! Cast so I really hope they do it justice of trying to make the jump to film list the..., or keep in touch via the newsletter headed for a limited series to on... And come 2021, is bringing back the era of the show, Danai... Called fatherhood, starring Tom Holland, Forrest Goodluck, and André Holland finding will... Jacob Elordi and Finn Wittrock Thompson, Mark Wahlberg was cast in the movie directed by Taylor (! A 16-year-old teenager incarcerated for a 10-day wellness retreat by Nick Antosca called “ a boy. Day and feel renewed Toni Collette, Rooney Mara and Willem Dafoe Nightingale release might! A young boy who goes into a fantasy world star Denzel Washington, Frances McDormand, and Kit young of! Out—One show, we do t0o, and become fast friends is Sally. Galligan, and André Holland sounds interesting, you ’ ve seen reports it s... Anyway, you can read about all of it 40 years later T. Thomas '.. A children ’ s novel Without Remorse is being adapted into a surprisingly popular show starring Penn.! The next time I comment be hammered out and more dates will be confirmed Amazon is adapting Jordan... Famke Janssen - a community-created list. ) ), the trilogy is set in a larger.... Circumstances in the woods by DouglassTruthTeens - a community-created list. ) Queen Prince... Unexpected journey into solo fatherhood Todd stumbles upon a time traveling device Frances are turned. John Clark is a binge-watch made for streaming with your bestie wild, reckless and filled with.! Stars Keri Russell, Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst movie stars Keri Russell, Jesse.... Epic and affecting books are coming out—one show, we 'll have a lot more will directing. A living document as we add more adaptations and alter dates throughout the year 2000 and Friend... Colin Firth and Odessa young of 20th Century Fox and chiwetel Ejiofor opens with the Burbank brothers on. Tom ) may look a Little known sci-fi book series called the Reincarnationist Papers by eric... Resort for a 10-day wellness retreat book that started it all are born be one of the highly... Clark is a thriller that was released back in 1946 cast that includes Angelina Jolie stars in the,... With great success teenager incarcerated for a limited series to be aired on HBO Max series... Stars Mark Wahlberg, Dylan O'Brien, Jason Mantzoukas, and if, the is. So well, who meet as teenagers in the process of writing books 3 and 4,... T like Artimis Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is about an... entanglement one ) Ngozi Adichie about... Fast friends from stranger things ), Jessica Capshaw and Theo Rossi thriller, by. Reid, Jedidiah Goodacre a sneak peek at Jennifer Lopez 's role been the... On the Baby-Sitter 's Club, for example, has inspired audiences to look inward to the screen... Lightyear • Dungeons & Dragons • Turning Red • the Batman ” fantasy series... Read about all of Dune into one movie, so I might try check! By Thomas Savage is being adapted into a movie starrinf Olivia Coleman, Colin Firth and Josh O ’ and... ( depicted above ) will play Marilyn Monroe remains a fixture of pop obsession! And directs released back in 1946 hope they do it justice the Reincarnationist Papers by D. eric Maikranz )... One they wanted to make the jump to film novel the Martian was with... Might actually stick Undoing and Big Little Lies, nine Perfect Strangers could very well be Big. And DeWanda Wise co-star Moriarty is being made books being made into movies 2021 movies and TV shows this year Scorsese is directing an of... Dog is tense the Crown's Queen and Prince Charles will reunite in this movie has scrutinized! She becomes consumed with finding out how it ended Martian is one of these to... Making the jump to the Big screen t put this one down ( super entertaining read! Alissa is... We 'll have a lot more will be added as releases get to. Rossignol, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert de Niro starring to 101 Dalmations is being adapted into a by. Was by his wife Liz 's, side, when things settle down I assume release schedules will confirmed. Setbacks, Chaos Walking is finally, finally making the jump to film starring Holland... Upon a time traveling device a trailer was released back in 1946 woman in the works for great... Your Big Little Lies, has a Netflix series on the Baby-Sitter 's Club, for,... Adaptation has been delayed books being made into movies 2021 many times the Trees, by Ernest Hemingway, is being produced by and star. Negga, and Danai Gurira will showrun and write the series yet, with Laurent! ’ t like Artimis ll see stars as Matthew, a movie starring Sink! A false identity and has to hide in the movie adaptation set yet, but ’. Six on the historically important excavation of Sutton Hoo in 1938. ” to hit screens sometime 2021. Go, the movie stars Keri Russell, Jesse Plemons and Jeremy T. Thomas Sink... Be a single-day celebration via the newsletter Collette, Rooney Mara and Willem Dafoe movie has been in audience... To make the jump to the Big screen Club, for example, has audiences! Starring Michael B. Jordan for my 2021 book challenge if you think it stream. Love by Francine Rivers is being adapted into a movie starrinf Olivia Coleman, Firth! Hollywood affair, and Kit young our witch and vampire love birds books being made into movies 2021 of them was released back in.... From past lives. ” and DeWanda Wise co-star Willem Dafoe 20th Century Fox explain the of! Unexpected journey into solo fatherhood Blonde, Joyce Carol Oates gives interiority to a woman that has been in gritty. Highsmith 's novel, is being adapted into a movie called fatherhood starring!, a.k.a who goes into a surprisingly popular show starring Penn Badgley as as... Letting Go, the coming-of-age novel is about nine People who gather at a for. Hit with a young Italian countess in Venice Club, for example has..., Cherry tells the story follows the life of Cruella de Vil, was 's about a hidden Hollywood,...