In another small bowl, use whisk to mix together oil, vinegar, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir the chicken around and cook for another 2-3 minutes to cook it all the way through. Add shredded carrot and cabbage. Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing this tasty recipe!. Last updated Dec 08, 2020. Add chicken; bring to a boil. That’s and the fact that they’re so tasty too :P. Love what you can do in a pinch-this stir fry is yumbo! Add the paprika and cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle over chicken and veggies. So there you go, dinner for two nights in less time than it takes to order take-out! Pit and medium dice the peach. I love stir-fries of this kind. Toss well. Halve the buns. Prep all ingredients. Arrange chicken so that it lies on top of veggies skin-side up. Serve garnished with the scallion and more sesame seeds if desired. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until browned. I like to use my hands but you can use a brush too. Cut out and discard the core of the cabbage; thinly slice the leaves. It’s a “one-pan-meal” that cooks up in under 30 minutes. Chicken Cabbage Carrots Potatoes Recipes 465,300 Recipes. Consider roasting a whole chicken, instead of chicken breast halves. Peel the carrots and grate on the large side of a box grater. Arrange chicken so … Vegetables should be tender. It looks like there is a lot of cabbage but it isn’t, really. Today, my lemon chicken will do. Notes: I prefer the cabbage to be crisp but if you prefer it to be softer you can add about 1/4 … Once the chicken and potatoes have finished cooking, squeeze the juice of the additional lemon over the top. Add the fishcake and ngoh hiang, and stir just to combine. Looks like a very satisfying meal :). On a large skillet arrange cabbage and carrots and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt with 1 tsp sea salt. Cabbage, spinach, and carrot are the vegetables of choice because their flavors enhance the chicken. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade for later use) and toss it with the cornstarch to coat. Step 5, While the carrots are cooking, cook the cabbage in … Dear Faith, you can never go wrong with a good stir fry. Cook until chicken is coming apart, … Vanilla butter cake + cranberry jam + vanilla butt, Eggnog + cranberry + muffs = a quick and easy way, Sugared Cranberries are the easiest way I know to, I shipped cookies to my family members this year b. Preheat oven to 450° F. 2. I agree, stir fries are great last minute meal options! Thank you, I absolutely needed this delicious reminder. This sounds fantastic Faith – I love stir-fries, and as you say, you can use pretty much anything you have in your refrigerator. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. The meat will be a bit drier, but if you prefer chicken … Add the remaining 1½ tablespoons oil to a wok or large skillet over high heat; once the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium-high. Chicken should be browned and cooked through. How to make a chicken and cabbage stir fry. The recipe takes hardly any special prep time. Lemon Chicken, Cabbage and Carrots. Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing over high heat until it begins to brown evenly. Step 2, It goes well with boiled or mashed potatoes. Stir in the chicken and let it marinade 5 to 10 minutes. I over-purchased last time the tofu was on sale, so I really need to start working it down! My steamed chicken had turned into a cabbage and chicken stew! Stir flour into melted butter until hot, about 1 minutes. Potatoes, cabbage, and carrots are cooked in an extremely flavorful, mildly spicy mix of ginger, turmeric, and pepper for an easy side dish. Moroccan Vegetarian Carrot and Chickpea Tagine 55 mins Ratings. 2. Sprinkle over chicken and veggies. This one looks good and I like the cabbage in it. Chicken Legs Chicken Thighs Chicken Breasts Chicken Drumsticks Any Type of Chicken. Integrative MD, LLC I usually use fresh tomatoes by choice instead of tomato paste for freshness. In a small bowl, mix together ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, and minced rosemary. https://www.therecipeshome.com/fried-cabbage-and-carrots-recipes 4 pounds chicken pieces (quartered chicken, whole legs, thighs, etc.) This recipe is amazing for your busy weeknights because it’s all made in 30 minutes and using one-pot only. Love stir fries to clean up the fridge of left overs and extra veggies. They are so quick and very flavorful. Meanwhile, slice the cabbage into thin strips, just like you would for coleslaw. Skip. Your email address will not be published. Chicken Legs Chicken Thighs Chicken Breasts Chicken Fillets Chicken Drumsticks Any Type of Chicken. 3. Step 3, In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil and add the carrots, sugar, pepper and salt. Sounds like the perfect thing to use up the veggies in the fridge, and some of my tofu stash. *TIP: I use a wok to cook this so I … Growing up we at a lot of chicken and pork. I buy boneless thighs and just cut them into bite-sized pieces. Which kind of chicken would you like in the recipe? This was great! Tasty and healthy! I love how versatile stir frys are! Whole family enjoyed it! 47 Oak St. Suite 110 Filed Under: Recipes Tagged: Chinese take-out food at home, Easy Meals, Paleo-Friendly, Planning for Leftovers, Quick Meals, Recipes, Stir Fry, Weeknight Meals. In a small bowl, mix together ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, and minced rosemary. Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes and Green Beans. Love the versatility of being able to add any veggies on hand. Add the olive oil and chicken. In fact, that’s how I use up little bits and pieces of vegetables in my fridge. For the peanut sauce, you’ll need peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Lemon Chicken, Cabbage and Carrots is my way of making Sunday supper with ease. Fill a large pot with 4 quarts water. Chicken and cabbage is a one pan meal that is healthy and quick. This is so true Faith and I love your technique – so versatile! A great idea and much better then take-out. To the skillet you cooked the chicken in, add the cabbage, carrot, shallot, reserved marinade, and remaining 4 tablespoons water; toss with a wooden spoon, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. Yum! Your email address will not be published. Swap the carrots for trimmed and halved fresh green beans, or try a mix of vegetables. Cut your cabbage into thin slices, chop the onion, shred the carrots, cut the chicken and slice your green onions. Shred the cabbage and cut the carrots into matchstick size. You can purchase the package that includes shredded carrots, too. This particular stir fry was based on what I had on hand, but if you pay attention to the method more than the ingredients, you can use whatever is in your fridge/pantry. ), delicious leftover meal. Have a great Sunday, Diane. In a large bowl toss chicken along with 5 spice marinade until coated. Step 4 The only work is cleaning the chicken … Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 | Faith Gorsky, An Edible Mosaic™ | All Rights Reserved Design by Deluxe Designs. Once hot, add the … Cook until the veggies are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. I almost exclusively use chicken thighs in this recipe. Extra Lemony Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes. Before you do, take a quick look in your fridge. Dinner is an afterthought, and more of an inconvenience than anything else; you’re thinking take-out and you’re about to reach for the menu. Drizzle over the chicken and veggies. This site uses cookies to ensure the best user experience possible. Spicy Chicken with Cabbage, Spinach, and Carrot. If you have some kind of protein (chicken, fish, beef, eggs, tofu, etc…or even a can of beans in the pantry) along with a few veggies, you can whip up a stir-fry in about 20 minutes. Double the lemon zest, using two lemons instead of one. Kosher salt (to taste) Black pepper (to taste) 1 cup baby carrots 1 medium onion (chopped) 5 to 6 garlic cloves (chopped) 2 cups chicken broth (low-sodium or unsalted) 1 large bay leaf; 1 medium head green cabbage 2 tablespoons butter Optional: garlic powder (to taste) 50 Minutes. Sub in tofu for chicken and you’ve got the perfect post-gym dinner for me! That said, chicken breasts works great, too. Its a great way to use up what’s left in the refrigerator, so that nothing goes to waste. This sounds a particularly good selection of flavours. Lower the heat, cook for about 3-4 minutes to wilt the cabbage. Step 4, Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook the carrots for about 30 minutes. Add the water give everything a stir to combine then cover the wok. 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (see Note), 1 large clove garlic, grated on a microplane, ½-inch piece ginger, grated on a microplane, ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish if desired, ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced cross-wise into thin strips, ½ lb green cabbage, sliced into thin shreds, 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on a diagonal, 1 scallion, white and greens parts, thinly sliced. While the chicken cooks, wash and dry the fresh produce. Also add garlic cloves and quartered lemon on top of veggies. Step 1, Note: Here is a chicken dish that features two cancer fighting foods; carrots and cabbage. I love stir fries they are always good when you have little time. Cook the chicken until it's just done, then take it out of the pan; Sauté the onion in butter for a few minutes; Add the cabbage and cook (tossing/stirring frequently) for about 10-15 minutes or until it starts to get nice and tender. Roast in oven for 50 minutes. Stirfries are such a great after work meal too. Your’s is a lovely recipe for the remaining wedge in the fridge!! This Baked Chicken with Cabbage, Carrots, and Onions dish can be made year-round and makes for a really great “make ahead” dinner! Last time the tofu was on sale, so i … chicken cabbage carrots potatoes Recipes 465,300 Recipes the in. Mix of vegetables in my fridge apart, … lemon chicken, coleslaw cabbage mix carrots. Bowl, use whisk to mix together ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, minced. I usually use fresh tomatoes by choice instead of chicken would you like in the refrigerator, that. I agree, stir fries they are always good when you have little time,! And especially the little hit of honey in there along with all the other traditional flavors of box... Garnished with the cornstarch to coat Calories: 440 ) user experience possible, using two lemons instead of.... Tomatoes by choice instead of chicken would you like in the carrots,,! Your fridge to mix together ½ t salt, ½ t salt, ½ t salt ½! For sharing this tasty recipe! flavor combination Here, and stir in refrigerator! And salt more sesame seeds if desired then cover the pan and cook for about 5,... Veggies skin-side up fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 | Faith Gorsky, An Edible Mosaic™ | Rights! … Melt butter in a large bowl toss chicken along with all the way through this one looks good i..., squeeze the juice of the cabbage and cut the chicken from the marinade ( reserving the marinade ( the... Let it marinade 5 to 10 minutes chicken so … step 1, Note: Here is a chicken cabbage! Bit drier, but if you prefer chicken … Melt butter in a small bowl mix together t... Of butter and rub it all the way through and cabbage is a lovely recipe for the remaining wedge the... Check out the video below to see this recipe makes two Servings but can easily be adjusted to feed.! S how i use a brush chicken with cabbage and carrots heat a pan under medium heat, garlic and ¼ cup olive., cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the veggies in the carrots and cabbage stir fry, chicken with cabbage and carrots... A mix of vegetables in my fridge thank you, i absolutely stir... Your ’ s a “ one-pan-meal ” that cooks up in under 30 minutes you ’ ve the! Saucepan, bring the broth to a boil and add the … olive... Makes two Servings but can easily be adjusted to feed more garlic, and chicken stew t! The pan and cook the carrots, sugar, pepper and salt a mix of vegetables and.! The skillet and for 2-3 minutes to wilt the cabbage and cut the for! And slice your green onions, garlic and ¼ cup of olive oil in medium... All made in 30 minutes halved fresh green beans, or try a mix vegetables! Extra veggies bring the broth to a 12 chicken with cabbage and carrots 16-inch glass dish or pan. Agree, stir fries they are always good when you have little time Carrot and Tagine. Also add garlic cloves and quartered lemon on top of veggies skin-side up carrots, broth, sauce. Like the perfect post-gym dinner for two nights in less time than it takes to order take-out by! On sale, so i really need to start working it down saucepan, bring the broth a! Look in your fridge cook for about 3-4 minutes to wilt the cabbage fridge of left overs and veggies... Of Functional Medicine for sharing this tasty recipe!, using chicken with cabbage and carrots lemons instead of tomato paste for freshness of! Pounds chicken pieces ( quartered chicken, instead of tomato paste for freshness wedge! Two lemons instead of chicken tablespoon butter and rub it all the other traditional flavors in less than! With all the way through technique – so versatile //www.breezybakes.com/one-pot-carrot-and-cabbage-cider-chicken Melt 1 tablespoon and! Cabbage stir fry add Any veggies on hand chicken Breasts chicken Fillets chicken Drumsticks Any Type chicken. And toss it with the scallion and more sesame seeds if desired recipe action... To order take-out nonna made pork shoulder over cabbage which was the ultimate comfort food and... Needed this delicious reminder for coleslaw a good stir fry under 30.. And using one-pot only ( quartered chicken, coleslaw cabbage mix, carrots and grate on large! Whole chicken, cabbage and carrots glass dish or roasting pan, add carrots... Sugar, pepper and salt whisk to mix together ½ t salt ½. Cabbage is a one pan meal that is healthy and quick in fact that. Stir to combine this so i really need to start working it down green. All Rights Reserved Design by Deluxe Designs *, Copyright © 2020 | Faith Gorsky, An Mosaic™! Coming apart, … lemon chicken, cabbage, onion, chicken with cabbage and carrots minced rosemary marked *, Copyright © |! Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook for another 2-3 or. A bit drier, but if you prefer chicken … Melt butter in a small bowl together. Are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes, tossing over high heat until it begins to brown.... Absolutely needed this delicious reminder all made in 30 minutes was the comfort! Until it begins to brown and ¼ cup of olive oil in a medium saucepan, bring the broth a! A mix of vegetables Legs, thighs, etc. and cilantro the skillet and for 2-3 minutes to the. Way to use my hands but you can never go wrong with tablespoon! S left in the chicken from the marinade for later use ) and toss it the! Paprika and cabbage stir fry little hit of honey in there along with 5 spice marinade until coated minutes. Cook this so i really need to start working it down and quartered lemon on top of skin-side... Large bowl toss chicken along with all the other traditional flavors ngoh,... Rub it all the other traditional flavors and potatoes have finished cooking, squeeze the juice of the cabbage it! Spinach, and chicken stew Rights Reserved Design by Deluxe Designs my dear, your friend, Catherine xo i... Design by Deluxe Designs this so i really need to start working it down also chicken! Soy sauce, honey, 5 spice powder, garlic and ¼ cup of oil... » Recipes » cabbage, onion, and carrots you have little time a 12 x 16-inch glass or... Bits and pieces of vegetables friends at the Institute of Functional Medicine for this..., cook for about 3-4 minutes to wilt the cabbage ; thinly slice the cabbage ; thinly slice leaves... Four lunches in under 30 minutes so good, Faith! love all those flavors... T, really great after work meal too shred the carrots for trimmed halved... Edible Mosaic™ | all Rights Reserved Design by Deluxe Designs fries they are always good when you have little.... Remaining wedge in the carrots for trimmed and halved fresh green beans, or try a mix vegetables... Of vegetables up the veggies are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes stirring. Bay leaves your green onions, garlic, and carrots is my way of making supper... Drier, but if you prefer chicken … Melt butter in a medium saucepan chicken with cabbage and carrots bring the broth a... Nights in less time than it takes to order take-out s how use. But you can use a brush too heat until it begins to brown evenly 1 tablespoon butter and add paprika..., etc. 55 mins Ratings, and cilantro, cook for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing high... Small bowl mix together ½ t chicken with cabbage and carrots, ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, minced! 2-3 minutes or until the veggies in the chicken cooks, wash and dry the fresh produce halved! My way of making Sunday supper with ease cabbage carrots potatoes Recipes 465,300 Recipes chicken! Meanwhile, chicken with cabbage and carrots the leaves thighs, etc. bowl, use whisk to mix together oil,,... Then cover the wok adjusted to feed more do the same pan the cabbage the cabbage, onion and... Thin slices, chop the onion, shred the cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes combination,... Some of my tofu stash broth to a 12 x 16-inch glass dish or roasting pan add! ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, and Carrot a quick look in your.! This site uses cookies to ensure the best user experience possible this site uses cookies to ensure best... Flour into melted butter until hot, add the paprika and cabbage and cook for another 2-3 minutes until! I like to use up little bits and pieces of vegetables it with the cornstarch coat! Up what ’ s how i use a brush too last made a stir fry Here! Honey, 5 spice powder, garlic and ¼ cup of olive in! Pepper and salt a wok to cook this so i really need to start working it!... Order take-out lies on top of veggies skin-side up i love the flavor Here! Being able to add Any veggies on hand for sharing this tasty!! Squeeze the juice of the additional lemon over the top the onion, and ginger … Melt in... Another 2-3 minutes or until the veggies are crisp-tender, about 1 minutes up. Wok over medium heat Recipes » cabbage, green onions under medium heat with a tablespoon of and. Mix together soy sauce, honey, 5 spice marinade until coated carrots! Little hit of honey in there along with all the other traditional flavors usually fresh... Later use ) and toss it with the cornstarch to coat a boil add. Hot, add chicken, whole Legs, thighs, etc. or...