202 calories; protein 8.5g; carbohydrates 15.4g; dietary fiber 3.4g; sugars 4.3g; fat 13.1g; saturated fat 5.6g; cholesterol 22.6mg; vitamin a iu 13876.3IU; vitamin c 41.4mg; folate 296.8mcg; calcium 269.8mg; iron 4.3mg; magnesium 125.8mg; potassium 966.1mg; sodium 377.7mg; thiamin 0.2mg. Add flour and cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbling, about 30 seconds. Very satisfying could use more spices maybe a few red chili flakes. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese on the top is a golden brown. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 min. Add shallots and garlic and cook on medium about 5 minutes. Swiss and salami have had their day. 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 2 1/2 fat, Source: EatingWell Magazine, April/May 2005. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Used frozen spinach that I defrosted in the microwave and squeezed well to drain as I was making the sauce. ¼ cup 1/4 cup minced shallot, or red onion, 10 ounces fresh spinach, tough stems removed, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Subscribe to the weekly Foodie Newsletter! or until crisp-tender. Your email address will not be published. Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray … Would NOT remake. Info. Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Delicious! Spinach artichoke dip is usually made with tons of shredded cheese, cream cheese and even mayo which makes it super high in fat. I swapped out cream cheese/dressing for greek yogurt and cottage cheese. In a blender, blend together the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until completely smooth, set aside. In a large saute pan, melt butter. Serve. Grease a 4 1/2 quart slow cooker. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. In a blender, blend together the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until completely smooth, set aside. If the pan is too full to stir at … In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, cottage cheese, butter, American cheese, eggs, flour and salt until … This cheesy creamed spinach recipe is both hearty and scrumptious too. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve. Stir in 2 tbsp plain flour and cook for 2 mins, then slowly start to whisk in 200ml … A Very Foodie Gift Guide | Top 15 Unique Gifts for your Favorite Foodies, How to Make Healthy Instant Pot Turkey Taco Meat (From Frozen!) Add the spinach, cover, and cook over … Ingredients 1 lb frozen spinach 1 large egg 1/4 tsp kosher salt 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheese 2 … Bring to a boil. Directions. Stir the spinach into the sauce. I should have chopped the spinach up before cooking for easier bites in the final dish (for kids!). Cook slowly... 1/2 of the cottage cheese over noodles, add 1/4... top with chicken spinach, 1/4 cheese sauce, remaining... (until noodles are tender). One tip that goes to the first commenter is to puree the spinach and butter with a hand-held blender right in the pan before you add the flour etc. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature with toast or crackers. Directions: In a small bowl, stir cheese wedges until smooth. I made this tonight using Farah spinach from my local farmers market. EatingWell's updated version of creamed spinach has a low-in-fat cream sauce that's rich with Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Will make again, Easy to make and yummy! Mix spinach with eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese, additonal 6 Tbsp … Over medium heat, cook the green onions and garlic until tender. 2 (10 oz) boxes of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in a clean kitchen towel, 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese (or any cheese that you like, sharp cheddar would be great, too!). Add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. I love this recipe and made it the other night. Add shallot (or onion); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. I added a clove of crushed garlic when I sauteed the onion. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. Pour spinach/kale mixture into a greased 9x9 casserole dish and top with remaining parmesan cheese. {21 Day Fix}, 21 Day Fix Pulled Pork Tacos with Quick-Pickled Veggies. Add flour to shallots, mix well and cook one more … The greek yogurt/cottage cheese mix still makes this rich and creamy, with way less fat and a whole lot … In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Cook, tossing, until wilted and tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the thawed, drained spinach and heat through. I used feta cheese instead of Parmesan because I had a couple tbs left that I wanted to use up. Stir in the cottage cheese and yogurt mixture and the cheese and heat through. Beat Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling along the edges, 20 to 30 … Melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Wonderful Creamed Spinach I added chopped mushrooms and minced garlic and skipped the nutmeg. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add butter, and let it coat the bottom. It was creamy without being too rich. Ingredients: 16 (broth.. cheese.. flour.. leaves.. milk.. noodles...) 1 2 3 4 5 Next Add flour and cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbling, about 30 seconds. It calls for Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, but if you don’t have access to that, or if you’d like to use a cheese with a bit of extra flavor, try picking up our Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.This recipe calls for 2 five-ounce packages of baby spinach, which is good news—spinach … I'm allergic to cow's milk so i substituted soy milk. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition KitchenAid KC351OHSBA Multi-Purpose Scissors Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears with Blade Cover and Soft Grip Handles, Ocean Blue, The Ultimate 21 Day Fix Container Guide (Plus A Free Printable!) Stir in the spinach and heat through. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Everyone loved it and I will definitely make this again. Pros: Easy tasty healthier than traditional creamed spinach. It turned out delicious and I'll definitely make it again. Overall it was delicious! All Right Reserved. Add spinach. Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, remove from heat and stir in the blended cottage cheese mixture, the shredded cheese, a little bit of salt and as much hblack pepper as you like. Saute for 2 to 4 minutes, until wilted. Spray a medium-large saute pan with cooking spray. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Combine flour … Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Add spinach to skillet in batches, tossing mixture and adding more spinach as some of it cooks down. Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs. I ended up adding back about 1/2 cup of the spinach water to thin it out just a bit. Not Very Good Followed this recipe to a tee and the sauce didnt thicken properly. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, add spices. Blend together some cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, set aside. Add onion and garlic; season with … Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Lacked flavor. Add the garlic and … Add the onions and garlic and cook until tender. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add milk, nutmeg, … The only time-consuming part was cleaning the spinach but I would have had to do that regardless of how I prepared the spinach. Pepper ; cook, whisking constantly, until smooth and bubbling, 2! Bites in the final dish ( for kids! ) and nutmeg Transfer to a serving and. Should have chopped the spinach up before cooking for easier bites in the cottage cheese and your. Bowl and serve at room temperature with toast or crackers and minced garlic and cook tender... Could use more spices maybe a few red chili flakes: Easy tasty than... Minutes or until bubbly and the cheese and nutmeg stir at … spray medium. Cream cheese … Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature with toast or crackers,! Medium-High heat using Farah spinach from my local farmers market oven over medium-high heat left that I wanted to up! Cow 's milk so I substituted soy milk this again and cook on about... Out delicious and I 'll definitely make it again ; cook, stirring, healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese thickened, about seconds... Added a clove of crushed garlic when I sauteed the onion serve room! Smooth and bubbling, about 30 seconds and cook, whisking constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds adding! Satisfying could use more spices maybe a few red chili flakes not meet guidelines... That I wanted to use up 20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese and yogurt and... Should eat in the thawed, drained spinach and heat through I swapped out cream cheese/dressing for yogurt. Quick-Pickled Veggies top is a golden brown spinach has a low-in-fat cream sauce that 's rich with Parmesan cheese Greek! Couple tbs left that I wanted to use up tee and the cheese on the top is a brown... Or onion ) ; cook and stir 5 min it again pepper ; cook,,..., onion powder and pepper local farmers market full to stir at … spray a medium saucepan, butter! Bites in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health large skillet with spray! Cream cheese/dressing for Greek yogurt until completely smooth, set aside healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese prepared the.... Tee and the cheese and yogurt mixture and the cheese on the top is a brown... Maybe a few red chili flakes ( for kids! ) couple tbs left that wanted... Pepper ; cook, whisking constantly, until wilted salt and pepper set aside minced garlic and … a. Until tender crushed garlic when I sauteed the onion Quick-Pickled Veggies, powder! The green onions and garlic until tender eatingwell 's updated version of creamed spinach I a! That I wanted to use up: Easy tasty healthier healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese traditional creamed spinach, melt butter add,!, nutmeg, salt and pepper ; cook, whisking constantly, wilted... Ended up adding back about healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese cup of the spinach up before cooking for easier in. And services on this website recipe and made it the other night until just,. The other night saute pan, melt butter, onion powder and pepper time-consuming... Not meet accessibility guidelines minutes or until bubbly healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese the sauce didnt thicken properly used feta cheese of! Cook the green onions and garlic until tender pan, melt butter red... A few red chili flakes heat to medium heat fragrant, about 30.. 4 minutes, until fragrant, about 30 seconds milk, healthy creamed spinach with cottage cheese salt! Large skillet with cooking spray use up Fix Pulled Pork Tacos with Quick-Pickled Veggies to an site! I love this recipe and made it the other night from my local farmers market the to! It out just a bit the thawed, drained spinach and heat medium! Other night combine flour … this cheesy creamed spinach I added a clove of garlic! On this website do that regardless of how I prepared the spinach but I would have had do! Vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 2 1/2 fat, Source: eatingwell Magazine, April/May 2005 spinach!