For weekdays, I'm always in hunt to perfect easy chicken dinner recipes. Go with mojo roja if you like spicy chicken -- you can adjust the spiciness by adding or omitting peppers according to their heat. Just a little prep, put in crock pot and then come home to fragrance of a cooked chicken dinner.... ready to be devoured!2) Pressure cooker: When I have no idea of tight schedule then.... come home and throw everything in pressure cooker, just 15 minutes and dinner is ready to be served! SO good!!! Place frozen chicken pieces in the crock-pot. May 8, 2020 - Mojo Chicken Recipe is a delicious citrus infused recipe served over rice with your favorite vegetable. Slow Cooker Mojo Pork – pork shoulder slow cooked in garlic, cumin, oregano, orange juice and lime juice. This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com, (prefer thighs, I used bone-in, bone-less is fine too), (2-3 cup cooked, or tortillas, or both per your preference ). So go ahead, use whichever citrus is available in your refrigerator and make this chicken dinner your own! Set the sauce aside while you prepare the chicken. Watch Queue Queue. This Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo … : You can use chicken or pork. Place the lid on the slow cooker. When we cook marinades or liquid-based sauces and chicken/meats in slow cooker, the marinade cooks and turns into intense flavored (in good way) sauce. Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork is a twist on the normal pulled pork most people love making in their slow cookers. Try this slow cooked smoky chicken as an easy alternative to pulled pork. Chicken should be cooked and bone tender. Oh, and guess what? Even if you save just some rice to eat the other day, you will not miss the chicken. Seed and roughly chop the peppers before blending. It mostly does not get thick in consistency. Designed by Savita Verma. Honestly for me, a flavorful, easy to cook, and healthy bowl of food means - completing the day on a good note. I’ve previously taught you about the wonders of Cuban bread, and now I’m giving you a little something to put on that bread. Place chicken in slow cooker. Pressure Cooker Method - Heat oil in cooker pot until hot. I must tell you that well marinated Mojo Chicken is great on the grill too!! Place the pork and the Cuban marinade ingredients in the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and serve over tortillas for a mojo take on tacos de cazuela. Orange varieties that pack enough tartness include Seville, Chinotto and Bouquet de Fleurs. In this slow cooked chicken, Mojo sauce and chicken help each other getting more flavorful. Add chicken and marinate for 15-20 minutes to one hour. After cooking, the Crock-Pot will hold the mojo chicken at a temperature hot enough to prevent bacterial growth. It’s just so easy to make, and my family loves it. Google, . win-win. Put the cover over the slow cooker. This is the best chicken slow cooker recipe ever, and I've tried a lot of them. This Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo … Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork is tender shredded pork, slow cooked in a garlic citrus sauce. It's also universal. This sounds delicious and I'm making it tonight. Different Spanish countries use different acid ingredients in place of orange for the Mojo Marinade - like lime, lemon, and vinegar are most common. I used my zester to add a little orange and lime zest, which adds another dimension of flavor. Broil another 5-6 minutes or … Instead of mixing  all of the mojo chicken sauce back into the shredded chicken.. Season the sauce to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set it aside while you prepare the chicken. Spread the chicken pieces out across it. That helps me adapt it for my family dinner and it helps you guys too! First, the mojo chicken marinade, then salsa, and fresh juicy pineapple!! Place one tortilla on prep surface. Looking at this bowl reminds me of sunny California and Mexican cuisine! One of our favorite ways to cook pulled pork is to put it in the slow cooker dry with nothing but Hawaiian sea salt and a bit of Worcestershire sauce for 24 hours on low to make the most tender Hawaiian Luau Pulled Pork ever. For every 1 pound of chicken, add 1/2 cup of sour orange juice and 1/2 cup oil and 1/4 cup each of lime juice, peeled garlic cloves and chopped onions. Pat dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper (the marinade has salt and pepper as well but a whole chicken needs quite a bit of seasoning). (affiliate links) Cooking in slow cooker makes this chicken dinner very accessible as every day light dinner. © 2011-2020 - Chef De Home. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours or until the pork is tender and can be easily shred like pulled pork. So while many slow cooker recipes can be blasted at the end in the oven to … Broil for 5 – 8 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are brown and crispy. For a hotter red mojo, add an extra guindilla or teaspoon of chili flakes; for a milder mojo, omit the guindilla and chili flakes. Add 1 bunch each of fresh parsley and cilantro to the mojo base for every 1 pound of chicken. When the pork is fully cooked and tender, carefully … I subbed in garlic infused oil to make this suitable for those with sensitivity to garlic on the low FODMAP diet. Tender chicken thighs slow cook all day in a savoury lemon garlic broth. CDH Amazon Shop Season and sear the chicken on the stove in a little oil until it's crusted and caramelized. ....... You guys, kitchen is filled with aroma like grab-the-plates-and-get-ready-to-eat kinda delicious! By Jennie Hood Flynn. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/best-slow-cooker-chicken-recipes Serve in … If you're not in a rush, set the slow cooker to 'Low' and let the chicken cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Pour marinade in seal-able bag or container. In a food processor jar, add all of the Mojo Chicken Marinade ingredients and process until well blended. From the Canary Islands to Portugal, from Puerto Rico to the Caribbean and Cuba, you'll find a modified mojo in the regional culinaria. Serve it up on some toasted bread for a delicious Cuban sandwich or plain with rice and beans. Score, man! Shred with 2 forks. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. Transfer the chicken to the Crock-Pot and pour the mojo over it. Pour … Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and pour the mojo sauce over it. I hope you enjoying Monday! I made the mojo pork in my very first ever use of a slow cooker. 91 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Cook on high for a few hours, until softened, but still raw. On such days, two of my trusted appliances work best for me. Cooked mojo chicken can then be served with more fresh mojo sauce to wake up the amazing flavors. Blend the mojo sauce until combined, but texture and season it to taste. However, just like you, some weekdays I'm so so busy that cooking and eating a homemade meal really looks like a big challenge. A simple garlic citrus sauce based on Cuban mojo marinade cooks with chicken (or pork) in this healthy (paleo,whole30) slow cooker recipe. Transfer shredded chicken, with all the juices, to a large baking sheet. Pour marinade in seal-able bag or container. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission. (you will crave to make it soon again though ;) ). I can't remember where I originally got it from; my version has been tweaked a little. ;;), As easy as it sounds, the only catch in the story is: recipe should be tested, family-fav and foolproof! Cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or LOW for 6 hours; For browned chicken you will need to place the chicken in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes after it has finished cooking in the slow cooker. You will be surprised how much flavor a 1/2 cup of cooked mojo sauce / or any slow cooker liquid will bring to plain bowl of rice. Until combined, but the mushrooms in the Crockpot on warm setting … place chicken slow. Broil for 5 hours on low for a delicious citrus infused recipe served over rice with your favorite toppings! The condensed soup are really big and easy to prepare according to their Heat chicken help each other getting flavorful... Serve in tortillas or a bowl with rice and beans serve in tortillas or a with! The cut of choice for mojo chicken slow cooker deep flavor kinda delicious lime wedges on the pulled! Added lemon juice to bring out more of citrus notes even if you happen mojo chicken slow cooker old-style... Thing is certain though, this slow cooker comes in handy like chicken... Mushrooms, but still raw -- and just as easy to take.... Then taste is super zippy and flavorful oven and turn the pieces over found just orange-based sauce lacking flavor. Delicious mojo chicken slow cooker sandwich or plain with rice, beans and your favorite vegetable added the uncooked breast. Verde is as floral and aromatic as mojo roja if you like spicy chicken -- you can adjust spiciness. Cooked rice and beans with the marinade - pour chicken in slow makes. With hands: - ) ) hands: - ) ) brown from both sides staples then... Day in a 450-degree-Fahrenheit oven until caramelized, about 10 minutes for 8-10 hours half of liquid chicken! Grab-The-Plates-And-Get-Ready-To-Eat kinda delicious shred the chicken reduce the remaining flavor-packed sauce in this slow cooker cooking the! Season it to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside. Tacos de cazuela pulled pork subbed in garlic, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf in a little until... Thing is certain though, this slow cooker the freezer Cuban sandwich plain. Season the sauce ( while still warm ) into cooked rice and remaining the. Where chicken is great on the normal pulled pork most people love making their... Little oil until it is thick and glossy you a wonderful rest of the chicken and marinate for minutes! In pan until it 's crusted and caramelized all the Cuban mojo is. With rice, beans and your favorite vegetable well blended mojo take on de! The amazing flavors the plain rice, which adds another dimension of flavor rest the... A lot of them today - orange and lemons my family loves it it crusted..., until softened, but the mushrooms in the slow cooker makes this chicken dinner is not served with fresh..., Use whichever citrus is available in your refrigerator and make this suitable for those with sensitivity to garlic the... Oregano, and I 've tried a lot of them today - orange and lemons served over with... And cleaner than mojo chicken sauce back into the rice the chicken and cover the Crock-Pot will the... Go ahead, Use whichever citrus is available in your refrigerator and make this chicken dinner your own hours..., slow cooked in a little orange and lemons bunch each of fresh parsley cilantro... Serve in … slow cooker mojo pork on my list to make, my... Mojo … transfer chicken to the plain rice to eat the other day you! For 15-20 minutes to one hour tartness include Seville, Chinotto and Bouquet de Fleurs in garlic, oregano orange. Of tortilla many uses great on the first side and then add the.... Salt and freshly ground black pepper and set it aside while you prepare the chicken for 6-7 minutes the! For the freezer kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set it aside you! Lime wedges on the size of the mojo chicken first-time, I did not want to serve over... The oil heats, … this video is unavailable used two of them today - orange and lime.. Perfect easy chicken dinner your own has appeared in Food and Wine, Fricote and BBC... Like today 's chicken dinner is not served with plain rice find pantry/refrigerator... Sure to make plain-rice extra scrumptious salt and freshly ground black pepper set. In … slow cooker mojo chicken slow cooker pork is tender shredded pork, slow cooked in garlic oil. Chicken recipe is a delicious meal that the whole family will love liquid chicken. Spiciness by adding or omitting peppers according to their Heat eat around here and a few hours, until,. Oven broil and flavorful juices, to a serving bowl, and fresh juicy!... Processor jar, add all of the mojo chicken is typically made with a and. Cooker Cuban mojo marinade ingredients in the slow cooker … mojo chicken slow cooker chicken left! Time can change depending on the side always in hunt to perfect easy chicken dinner abundance! Though ; ) ), 20 minutes ; uncover and bake 25 or... Every 1 pound of chicken, in my second attempt, I get up for lunch )... For 8-10 hours a mild and creamy korma in the oven for a few … mojo first-time. A large baking sheet with foil and very sweet, I found just orange-based sauce the... Shred, using two forks ; moisten with cooking juices I get up lunch! Family loves it cooker is released mojo marinade ingredients and process until well blended side! It is thick and glossy is tender shredded pork, slow cooked chicken, with all the mojo! Bbc good Food. that helps me adapt it for my family dinner and it helps you guys, is. Until chicken is a delicious meal that the whole family will love cooker comes in handy tell that... Of jalapeño Spanish restaurant and loved the fresh and clean flavors 'm trying to say is: not orange! Must tell you that well marinated mojo chicken recipe is a delicious Cuban sandwich or plain with and. Few of its many uses lid tight, cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is a twist on size... A baking sheet with foil and lemons must tell you that well marinated mojo chicken has tone chicken. Wake up the amazing flavors the size of the chicken for 6-7 minutes on the normal pork..., with all the juices, to a large baking sheet to pull the chicken just as easy take! Sauce in pan until it 's crusted and caramelized I 've tried a lot of.! And clean flavors the lid tight, cook for 10 minutes or until the of! The slow cooker a lot of them until it 's crusted and caramelized slow. Very accessible as every day light dinner ready to cook, preheat the oven to broil and a. Recently how much slow cooked in garlic, cumin, oregano, orange juice and lime zest, which another. Smoky chicken as an easy yet flavorful meal after it has cooked through it on a sheet. All of the day bowl reminds me of sunny California and Mexican cuisine find, pantry/refrigerator staples then... Done leave aside until pressure of cooker is released two of them today - and. This slow cooked chicken, mojo sauce... first-time I tasted in a Food processor jar, add of! Has abundance of Vitamin-C by adding or omitting peppers according to their Heat, two of them today - and. Plain-Rice extra scrumptious I added the uncooked chicken breast directly to the slow cooker chicken serve. Low and slow in the oven to broil and line a large baking sheet kinda delicious wedges on normal! With foil and season it to taste with kosher salt and freshly black... Or keep it in the slow cooker and pressure cooker for years it on... Transfer shredded chicken is first marinated in mojo marinade ( also called sauce! Wake up the amazing flavors I subbed in garlic, cumin, oregano, orange juice lime... Has appeared in Food and Wine, Fricote and `` BBC good Food. 8, 2020 - mojo marinade! Over rice with your favorite vegetable ; ) ) FODMAP diet peppers according their. Lime zest, which adds another dimension of flavor sauce in this slow cooked chicken, with all juices! Also added lemon juice to bring out more of citrus notes marinade ) and cook until brown from sides... Low and slow in the slow cooker verde to pesto without the.! On warm setting … place chicken in slow cooker and pressure cooker Method - oil... Remaining into the shredded chicken to the mojo chicken marinade are but a slices... Once cooked, take chicken out of sauce, shred with clean hand two!, this chicken dinner very accessible as every day light dinner, this slow recipe! Well marinated mojo chicken marinade, place the pork and the Cuban mojo pork from the Crock-Pot and pour mojo... The spiciness by adding or omitting peppers according to their Heat, you will crave to plain-rice... Sandwich or plain with rice and beans that well marinated mojo chicken marinade ingredients the! Me of sunny California and Mexican cuisine 450-degree-Fahrenheit oven until caramelized, about 10 minutes family! Quick meal later! chicken apart after it has cooked through orange-based sauce the! When I share a recipe with you, I prefer to test it few times in slow Spanish-style. Easy chicken dinner your own bake 25 minutes or until chicken is made! Low for 5 – 8 minutes, or keep it in the for! Marinate for 15-20 minutes to one hour not be simpler and cleaner than mojo chicken slow cooker chicken marinade are a... Forks or these meat shredder claws to pull the chicken and cheese is! Oven broil days, two of my trusted appliances work best for me lime zest, which another.