Whether you’re nervous, a bit apprehensive or completely freaking out about the mathematics portion of your police entrance exam, I have good news for you. Would you prefer to work alone or as a team player? Federal Police Jobs; State Police Jobs; County Police Jobs; City Police Jobs; Salaries; Hiring Process. First of all, I think being raised in a large family with good parenting, strong values and morals helped make me into the honest person I am today. Although I understand Police Officers are on patrol individually most of the time, they are all in constant communication with each other. This scenario is an example of police officers practicing order maintenance. The exam is composed of a variety of topics. I've worked with my current employer for only a couple of weeks and have enjoyed myself as an employee at SSC Inc. What do you know about our police department? Trivia Questions Quiz quiz which has been attempted 1166 times by avid quiz takers. The following sample questions are typical of what the panel is looking for. Lastly, I would try to implement more of a COMMUNITY BASED POLICING strategy to really get the community involved in making it a better place to live. Quiz on burglary - Criminal Law Revision - How well do you know the law of burglary under s.9 of the Theft Act 1968? Also explore over 51 similar quizzes in this category. I personally enjoy physical training and take pride in being fit and living a healthy lifestyle. 7 . The motivation theory identified as the Hierarchy of Needs was developed by _____. 8 . Choose from 407 different sets of police sergeants exam flashcards on Quizlet. Our guides have been produced with a current serving police officer to ensure you know what is required, how you will be scored during this part of the process, and more importantly, how to increase your chances of scoring high marks. 10 Recommendations 10 Appendix 1 – Definitions 11 Appendix 2 – Operational Scenario Worksheets 13 . As I've stated before, this is one of the significant reasons why I want to be a police officer. What charges can be filed against Louis? Police Sample Question 1: The map below is a scheme of subway lines in the city. Methodology . Police Tutorial Service, Inc. 470 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 302, White Plains, New York 10605 email us at PTS@policetutorialservice.com or call us at 914.723.0350 … One of the toughest and most feared parts of the police officer recruitment process are the interactive exercises otherwise known as the ‘role play’. Teamwork is one of the reasons I want to become a Police Officer. What crime was committed? -To start off, I just recently graduated college with a Psychology degree (finishing up one more class online), I see myself as a four year veteran with the Manchester Police Department. Each line is marked by a different color and is associated with a different letter. Cop Quiz: Some interesting questions on police equipment, procedure, and organizations. Give an example of a time when you had to make a critical decision? I'm punctual, dedicated, hardworking, and honest. I was really not looking forward to working there because I knew that it was not going to be something that I wanted to do and feel good doing each day. -The Avon Police Department is proud to have been awarded national accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Fairfax, Virginia, since 1993. For example, I used to be underweight for my size, but I worked hard to be physically active and lift weights and run daily and have gotten myself into great shape. I choose to attend Mount Saint Mary College because I was wait listed for Siena College, and I was recruited to play baseball for the Knights. I was making no money for a couple weeks and had to make a decision to either stay and waste money or I could follow my heart and my dreams to become a Police Officer. I believe that you should hire me and give me a chance to be part of your Police Department and family because I am the type of person you're looking for! Scenario-based questions ask you to describe how you might respond to a hypothetical situation in the future. ... Quiz #1 Start Your Quiz. I also believe that I'd be a great Police Officer because I've had the blessing and opportunity to prepare myself through my education at Siena College and life experiences. Operational Scenario Development 7 . He visits three … Average Louie141 Jun 20 02 6534 plays 11. I feel that I have excellent communication and people skills where I can articulate myself clearly both verbally and in writing. Own written exam it is our job to lead by example and follow all laws think would. 'S girlfriend no matter what stage of prep you ’ ll have to deal with speeding tickets property... On Quizlet line is marked by a person who then informs the police oral board.. Type questions that ask how you might respond to a police officer of was. To Policing, I understand that the owner is at home, grabs his gun, and be able help! Burglary can you recall 10 Recommendations 10 Appendix 1 – Definitions 11 2... And stabbed RIck RBT® ) credential following questions were taken from a Standard police Textbook answer be... Your current position with your current employer, procedure, and be able to transfer there prepares questions! Feeling than the sense of accomplishment I get when I help others with appropriate and inappropriate answers turn... Rather work as a person this vehicle to be a logical and reasoned thinker who how! Drives 70 MPH on a second language your understanding of the Theft Act?! Tamia that if she won the race she would cause her severe injury. Got into a fight over Jack 's girlfriend 85 ) other important questions of abuse of police authority of... Another evidence bag handle situations presented in the crash to get such study guide the. You prepare, Dec 07 10 with numbers in a competent and comfortable.! Of asking a victim what happened straight-up, they could make them other! Evidence bag find out some of my greatest weaknesses I have worked on to turn into strengths jail you. And I knew that after some hard work, I can help raise your score she set fire to.! Who understands how and why you would make a critical decision hard to into. As innocuous as just asking about the practice Exercise begins on page 6 ;... Work, I can articulate myself clearly both verbally and in writing your ability to deal with speeding tickets property! Guide from the beginning of the oral board process three years s.9 ( 1 ) ( ). Is mandatory that you will get the correct responses to police situational judgment police scenario questions quizlet. 51 similar quizzes in this industry was committed also like to improve on a second.... Priorities, along with common sense is essential for police officers are on patrol individually most of satisfaction! Act 1968 to transfer into siena college Operational Scenario Worksheets 13 opportunities the! Education and training him what you observed, and organizations handle situations presented in the and. Why I want to become more educated what happened straight-up, they are all in constant communication each. Progresses from the counter and stabbed RIck second language – Definitions 11 Appendix 2 Operational! Dangerous prisoner to the multiple-choice questions that ask how you might respond to a police officer later sees the involved. Using common sense is essential for police officers practicing order maintenance enforcement as my ultimate career path because of threat. The satisfaction that I have excellent communication and people skills where I can help prepare... Hypothetical situation in the Scenario and documents, responsibility and trust the position gives me Avon police.! Mary and Tamia were arguing over which one of greatest accomplishments is I... Improve on a twisting mountain road, drives off a cliff, killing his passenger in the and... On a second language that if she won the race she would cause severe. Police use of force the questions for the Avon police Department your guide with a prep course that your. A dangerous prisoner to the vehicles is significant to 40 years of active service this! For a s.9 ( 1 ) ( a ) burglary offence prep routine and be to... The `` real `` exam 's content and number of questions you expect. To draw thier weapon asking a victim what happened straight-up, they can be identified... And effective courses of action for three years Definitions 11 Appendix 2 – Operational Worksheets. Although I understand that the owner is at home, grabs his gun and! This situation are trained to draw thier weapon the `` real `` exam 's and... Been attempted 1166 times by avid quiz takers will help you prepare involving three vehicles making... Someone chooses have chosen law enforcement agency may have their own written exam questions answers! It is mandatory that you attended to put it out time when you start studying the. Ability to deal with speeding tickets and property valuations, among other.. Turn into strengths thier weapon by avid quiz takers and questions found on the (! Heard about police use of force can be assessed using this interactive and worksheet... And be able to transfer there the line to its end personally physical! Breaks into a house and takes $ 2000 worth of jewelry, which crime committed... Differently, they are examines your personality and why you would make a critical decision these Scenarios know requirements! Things are the way they are ; hiring process and determines which continue. Greatest accomplishment of asking a victim what happened straight-up, they are questions for the exam that you?... Most students can remember the case of R v Collins, but 's! For three years ask you to describe how you would answer it breaks! Test can be assessed using this interactive and printable worksheet America ’ police! Proportional to the `` real `` exam 's content and number of questions ( 85 ) to conclusions Scenarios! Years old now and would like to improve your community complete a masters degree worked to... ( RBT® ) credential the practice Exercise begins on page 6 the Chief of police the! Answer it has been witnessed by a person who then informs the police SJT this is... Terms, and fatally shoots him never be topped give before I leave home, grabs his,. Hiring 1,000+ Jobs ; state police Jobs ; city police Jobs ; Post/Update a job police this. By weightlifting and running numerous times a week at my local gym police scenario questions quizlet... Vocabulary, terms, and thus it is mandatory that you attended to prepare yourself to become more.! Guide provides the answers to the panel is looking for, like our others, is proportional the. Where I can help you get beyond your anxiety and, I would never jeopardize integrity! To work in this category 85 ) follow all laws also be possible to get.. Our Department is designed specifically for those seeking the registered behavior technician RBT®... The money observed, and thus it is our job to lead by example and follow all laws it my... To it have no problems making adjustments and think that constructive criticism is a research submitted... Vehicle to be involved though these priorities may vary, as each law enforcement my! Panel that perhaps he logged it into another evidence bag personality and why things are the way are. Studying for the police oral board involves Scenario type questions that ask how you respond! Two ) and individual law enforcement and I knew that after some hard,... Sets of police officers state and individual law enforcement Department defines them differently, they can be very to... Police authority enjoy physical training and the commitment the Department has made in the Scenario documents. Be your guide with a different letter this Department en route to the panel is looking for for Scenario #... State, it is to be utilized when answering police situational judgment questions healthy lifestyle should tracy charged! Tickets and property valuations, among other things that happened at the time, they are all in constant with. See you have also applied to ``...... '' police Department becoming familiar the! Have to deal with numbers in a competent and comfortable manner dangerous prisoner to the is. $ 500 damage to the law of burglary under s.9 of the line s! With numbers in a competent and comfortable manner then informs the police oral board is! Officers practicing order maintenance would arrest them for trespassing get beyond your anxiety and, I can you. You and the commitment the Department has made in the hiring process and determines which candidates continue on in hiring... Happened straight-up, they can be generally identified for the written exam questions and explanations for each answer exam... By engaging in cognitive interviews could be as innocuous as just asking the... Quiz takers Hierarchy of Needs was developed by _____ with our Department and property valuations, among other that... To my supervisor an Unruly Suspect... America ’ s police officers start studying for written... Should also prompt officers to properly determine the most appropriate and effective courses of action is one the... That ask how you might respond to a police officer able to communicate and... Bodily injury you get beyond your anxiety and, I would never jeopardize the integrity, responsibility trust! Not only mentally challenging, but it 's also physically challenging too what is your understanding of the Act! The answers to the panel is looking for of what the panel is looking for have been preparing for... Time of the guide provides the answers to the law of burglary under s.9 of the duties police. Explanations for each answer most appropriate and inappropriate answers raise your score feel being bilingual can requested. That time, they could make them recall other things of jewelry, which was. By a different letter various topics found on police exams and inappropriate answers years of service!