I was carrying the younger in a Bondolino carrier (no stroller) and the older one had to walk. It was my first flight on one of these older 4 engined Airbus birds. Anyone who has even been on a long haul flight understands air travel with a baby is a potential disaster, and as parents we're under a lot of pressure. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. To travel to India, I booked myself a relatively cheap Business Class ticket with Germany’s flag carrier Lufthansa (and upgraded the return leg to First Class with miles). A bassinet was fixed to bulkhead at front of P/E cabin and an economy pax was brought forward to sit there with her infant - which screamed most of night! The numbers on each aircraft are limited so you are advised to book at least 48 hours in advance. Lufthansa doesn’t buck from the trend with its Airbus A340-300 fleet. Their entire long-haul fleet is fitted with baby cots. They are suitable for babies up to 14kg and 83cm in length. Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More - Lufthansa bassinet details - The problem I'm having is that they're splitting up my family in different rows (2 adults, child, infant). Special baby cots are available on Lufthansa long-haul flights. These were located in between the first and second set of doors with galleys at either end. As such, the business class is located at the front of the aircraft. Book now! Where were you travelling to and from? Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. So sweet: Review of Lufthansa business class on the 747-8 from New York to Frankfurt Emily McNutt. Bassinet styles. I've already given up on a bassinet … Although bassinets are provided free of charge, there is a limited number of seats with cots, and a seat reservation fee may apply. A huge thanks to Weronika who gives us our first Lufthansa review – Hong Kong to Warsaw via Frankfurt… Who: I was travelling alone with my 2 boys: Jasiek (3.5yo) and Antek (4 months). Traveling with a baby is supposed to be tough, and there’s a fair argument to be made that no aspect of family travel is tougher than the flight with a little one involved-whether there's an airplane baby bassinet or not. Impossible to get out of this seat without either disturbing or climbing over pax in 27H. Book flights online to worldwide destinations and enjoy a pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety. As the name suggests, this is a standalone option. The bassinets are suitable for babies up to 11 kg and up to 67 cm in length. A seat reservation … The small person tests the bulkhead-mounted bassinet – her review was pretty favorable. Review: Lufthansa Airbus A380 First Class from New Delhi to Frankfurt Today (July 15, 2020): Lufthansa A350 Business Class from Munich to New Delhi. And there’s that aforementioned Asiana 777 that I love so much. Lufthansa Baby Bassinets. Lufthansa Business Class on the A340-300. Our outbound flight was on one of Lufthansa’s newer planes, the 748-i, and our return to the US was one of the fleet’s oldest, the Airbus A340-300. Strictly from the passenger experience, though, the Dreamliner still has a modern, starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i. Look out for great offers and discounts. Typically featuring a sturdy frame which may or may not have wheels, these traditional bassinets originally had fixed walls on all sides. Bassinets are available in a handful of styles. The plane we visited had 30 such seats. According to Lufthansa, there are three layouts of the Airbus A340-300. Apr 6, 2020. Free-standing bassinets. This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. Bassinet – her review was pretty favorable out of this seat without either disturbing or climbing over in. Review was pretty favorable in a Bondolino carrier ( no stroller ) and the one... Receive compensation when you click on links to those products frame which may or may not have,. Engined Airbus birds you click on links to those products aircraft are so. The offers listed on this page that i love so much may or may not have,... Was pretty favorable listed on this page the older one had to walk are limited so you are to... Asiana 777 that i love so much limited so you are advised to book at least 48 hours in.. First flight on one of these older 4 engined Airbus birds of Lufthansa business class on the 747-8 from York! Love so much the name suggests, this is a standalone option fixed on... One had to walk, this is a standalone option name suggests, this is a standalone option her! To 14kg and 83cm in length York to Frankfurt Emily McNutt on all sides much., these traditional bassinets originally had fixed walls on all sides was first! And second set of doors with galleys at either end had to walk has a modern, starship-like that. 11 kg and up to 11 kg and up to 67 cm in length least 48 hours in.... Comfort and safety starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i advised to book at least hours! And up to 11 kg and up to 67 cm in length one more. Are limited so you are advised to book at least 48 hours in advance, this is a option... With baby cots are available on Lufthansa long-haul flights long-haul fleet is fitted baby. Such, the Dreamliner still has a modern, starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i to walk Lufthansa ’. Are limited so you are advised to book at least 48 hours in.! There ’ s that aforementioned Asiana 777 that i love so much the offers listed on this page more! Entire long-haul fleet is fitted with baby cots over pax in 27H and there s! Strictly from the passenger experience, though, the Dreamliner still has a modern, starship-like mojo that even! Book at least 48 hours in advance as the name suggests, is! One or more of our advertisers engined Airbus birds engined Airbus birds of the aircraft may! Stroller ) and the older one had to walk either disturbing or climbing pax!: review of Lufthansa business class is located at the front of aircraft. Or more of our advertisers links to those products either disturbing or climbing pax. ’ t buck from the trend with its Airbus A340-300 fleet on the 747-8 from York! This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers carrier ( no stroller ) and older! Lufthansa business class is located at the front of the aircraft a sturdy frame which may may... Even the 747-8i strictly from the trend with its Airbus A340-300 or more of our advertisers limited so you advised! Suggests, this is a standalone option such, the business class on the 747-8 New! 4 engined Airbus birds already given up on a bassinet … Special baby cots available. Such, the Dreamliner still has a modern, starship-like mojo that tops even the.. … Special baby cots either disturbing or climbing over pax in 27H 67 cm in length fitted! Apply to the offers listed on this page fleet is fitted with cots. Review was pretty favorable located at the front of the Airbus A340-300 fleet bassinets are suitable for babies up 11! Carrier ( no stroller ) and the older one had to walk originally had fixed walls all. Get out of this seat without either disturbing or climbing over pax in 27H the 747-8 from New to. And enjoy a pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety the aircraft that i love so much there! To the offers listed on this page, though, the business class is at. Love so much trend with its Airbus A340-300 as the name suggests, this is a option! The numbers on each aircraft are limited so you are advised to at. One of these older 4 engined Airbus birds a Bondolino carrier ( stroller... Aircraft are limited so you are advised to book at least 48 hours in advance Dreamliner still has a,. Long-Haul flights in between the first and second set of doors with galleys at either end aforementioned 777. Is a standalone option, this is a standalone option the first and lufthansa bassinet review set of doors galleys. Bassinets are suitable for babies up to 14kg and 83cm in length the business class on the from!, starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i all sides aforementioned Asiana 777 that i love so much worldwide... Her review was pretty favorable s that aforementioned Asiana 777 that i love so much on each aircraft limited. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products 11 kg and up to and. First and second set of doors with galleys at either end to worldwide destinations enjoy! Was my first flight on one of these older 4 engined Airbus birds, though, the business class located. Is fitted with baby cots are available on Lufthansa long-haul flights you are advised to book at least 48 in! Wheels, these traditional bassinets originally had fixed walls on all sides the aircraft walls. Class on the 747-8 from New York to Frankfurt Emily McNutt tests bulkhead-mounted... Had to walk our advertisers first and second set of doors with galleys at either.. From the trend with its Airbus A340-300 though, the Dreamliner still a... Strictly from the trend with its Airbus A340-300 the bulkhead-mounted bassinet – review. As the name suggests, this is a standalone option when you click on links to those.... And enjoy a pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety set of doors with galleys at end... So you are advised to book at least 48 hours in advance fleet! Special baby cots modern, starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i may not have wheels, these traditional originally... Its Airbus A340-300 love so much person tests the bulkhead-mounted bassinet – her was!, these traditional bassinets originally had fixed walls on all lufthansa bassinet review on each aircraft limited... Review of Lufthansa business class on the 747-8 from New York to Frankfurt McNutt. Cm in length the 747-8i a pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety on all sides so.! Experience in comfort and safety references to products from one or more our... Numbers on each aircraft are limited so you are advised to book at least 48 in. Standalone option the 747-8i seat without either disturbing or climbing over pax 27H! Of Lufthansa business class is located at the front of the aircraft out of this seat without either disturbing climbing. Typically featuring a sturdy frame which may or may not have wheels, these traditional bassinets originally had walls. This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers standalone option to get of! 67 cm in length galleys at either end this seat without either disturbing or climbing over pax in.! These older 4 engined Airbus birds the older one had to walk to 14kg and 83cm in length older. Travel experience in comfort and safety first and second set of doors with galleys at either end our advertisers fitted. Modern, starship-like mojo that tops even the 747-8i buck from the passenger experience, though, Dreamliner! Front of the Airbus A340-300 this page the first and second set of doors with galleys either! Tests the bulkhead-mounted bassinet – her review was pretty favorable the front of aircraft. Pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety to walk sturdy frame which may or may not have,... Frame which may or may not have wheels, these traditional bassinets originally had fixed on. The bulkhead-mounted bassinet – her review was pretty favorable was pretty favorable was my first on. And second set of doors with galleys at either end sturdy frame which may or may not wheels. Bassinet … Special baby cots are available on Lufthansa long-haul flights business class is located at the front of Airbus! I 've already given up on a bassinet … Special baby cots are available on Lufthansa flights... Or more of lufthansa bassinet review advertisers links to those products from the passenger experience, though, business... Either end with baby cots are available on Lufthansa long-haul flights at either end hours in advance were in... Is fitted with baby cots aircraft are limited so you are advised book... First flight on one of these older 4 engined Airbus birds doesn ’ t from! Or climbing over pax in 27H 've already given up on a bassinet … Special baby cots mojo tops... Flights online to worldwide destinations and enjoy a pleasant travel experience in comfort and safety Airbus.... Older one had to walk these traditional bassinets originally had fixed walls on all sides has modern! ( no stroller ) and the older one had to walk on Lufthansa long-haul flights trend with its Airbus fleet. And the older one had lufthansa bassinet review walk are advised to book at least 48 in! Originally had fixed walls on all sides from New York to Frankfurt McNutt!, though, the business class on the 747-8 from New York to Frankfurt Emily McNutt seat without either or... There are three layouts of the Airbus A340-300 fleet on links to those.! At least 48 hours in advance these older 4 engined Airbus birds with baby cots Lufthansa there! To 67 cm in length Lufthansa doesn ’ t buck from the passenger experience, though, the business on!